Author Topic: Metallica - Stern - release 2013  (Read 54967 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Metallica - Stern - release 2013
« Reply #465 on: May 10, 2013, 08:31:47 PM »
Yep.. game looks like a blast and the animations in the DMD really suit the game.. Dirty Donny's artwork really lifts the game.. my guess is Hetfield and Co insisted on it after the great work Donnie and Kraus did with the first Metallica.

I do wish though that Stern would release the bumpers and take them out of the enclosures they house them in.. pop bumper randomness is a key element to pinball for me.. if the release of the ball is controlled then i dont really see any need for them other than some nostalgic token gesture as they now epitomise pinball.
Release the bumpers Stern.. if any game should have had this, then really, this is it.

Going to be a massive seller for Stern... take note JJP!!

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #466 on: May 10, 2013, 08:35:24 PM »
Looking forward to some games down at Time Zone when the pro model arrives. Hopefully the sound
will be turned up enough.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #467 on: May 10, 2013, 09:27:58 PM »
Don't take this the wrong way as I am the biggest Metallica fan, I have all their CDs, DVDs saw them twice last time they were out here, they rock, and hats off to Stern for making the game, but...  I am unsure about the way their songs are implemented into the game. 

The way you select it at the start of the game and the same song restarts at the start of each ball and after each multiball song, would really shit me after awhile, especially if I picked 'for whom the bell tolls' with my quick ball times all I'd hear is bells. :lol

I hope it is changed with further software updates, either pick a different song each ball, of fade out then fade back in at the same position in the song after losing the ball and starting the next.

Agree with everything else, dots look great, artwork is awesome, love the speaker lighting.

Can't freaking wait to see that hammer pound the balls down into that coffin   *%*

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #468 on: May 10, 2013, 11:11:40 PM »
Looks absolute crap, hate the graphics, game play looks boring, music is shit and its made by stern.

Now before you 'ignore me' I'm only saying this cuz I can't have one   !!!

Here is a game I think I'd really like and I'm no Metallica fan at all. The light show seems to fit the songs and the toys look like they belong. I do hope stern don't just go the music theme pin after pin, but then if they did a Justin B. Game that was absolutely mind blowing I guess the theme is then secondary.........umm maybe not. But you know what I mean. If the next is a great game and is another music theme, well who cares, better than say a lame playing trekkie or star wars or zombie game. Pinball should be good to look at but ultimately a blast to play.

Congrats to the guys who have a metallica coming
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:13:50 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #469 on: May 11, 2013, 01:07:15 PM »
Reports are dribbling out from the AMD 'launch' morning that this game is pretty much KILLER  ^^^
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #470 on: May 11, 2013, 01:49:28 PM »
I usually fly down to all the Launch Parties and take photos n videos, but thought I would let someone else from the forum get some kudos for being the reporter on the spot this time round to keep everyone happy.

I hope this Metallica model gets made for quite some time to come, like ACDC has been, so everyone has a decent chance of being able to buy one brand new in box if that's what they want.

I am hoping Chillie takes some photos or a video, or whoever else from AP is going can. Shouldn't be long for more cool videos and photos.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #471 on: May 11, 2013, 03:02:12 PM »
The Crypt

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #472 on: May 12, 2013, 12:36:21 PM »
Is there any mode based gameplay on this machine or is it the same old music themed pin?
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline chillie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #473 on: May 12, 2013, 03:20:13 PM »
I wish I could post some pictures but as I said earlier in the thread I am a terrible with a camera.

The game is a dead set stunner. Enjoyable to play great sound bites, music and sparky multivalve is awesome.

Big call here but the game feels like it has all that one needs. The LE will have some more features but will need to wait and see.

Big thanks to the Sydney crowd, great hospitality.

Chris (perth)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #474 on: May 12, 2013, 06:21:07 PM »
Thanks for the report chilli and that's only the pro can't bloody wait for mine to arrive cant wait to see this hammer in action

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #475 on: May 12, 2013, 06:50:58 PM »
Me to come on guys how did it play fast?? Slow??

Peter

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #476 on: May 12, 2013, 09:15:33 PM »
Yeah, I just thought we were a bunch of people standing in a corridor shooting the breeze before more information from the AMD BBQ was released and an official video from Stern. World economics interest me re: Metallica as I am planning to buy one in 7-10 monts time and wondering what prices will be like then.

Back on track, here's a photo I lifted from Pinside. It makes me feel all warm inside about this machine. Sadly, I won't be getting one out of the first batch.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #477 on: May 13, 2013, 12:01:32 PM »
video by GAP with glass off, so no glare

utoplay=1&rel=0
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts