Author Topic: Monster Bash  (Read 472 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: Monster Bash
« on: December 22, 2011, 10:05:49 AM »
Aabsolutely loving this game, but finally have finished the house reno's so time to start giving my first attempt at this level of cleanup of a machine.

Got into stripping all the internals today out of the cabinet.

One thing i learned..the best way to remove the side rails seemed to be with a paint scraper/putty knife, pushing up to break the bond of the double sided tape holding it in place.

Other than that, it was all pretty straight forward (may not be so easy finding where all the wiring harnesses are meant to go!)

One tool that is essential is a good (ie: Hitachi, Makita, DeWalt etc...not Ryobi or Ozito) cordless drill, with an extension and a magnetic 1/4' tec screw bit, makes pulling all the screws out super quick, and the magnet holds them - great for putting screws back in awkward places

Have just started to peel the decals off, which doesn't seem to much of a drama, just some time

Here is the young bloke, just leaning to pull himself up on things, with a keen eye for pinballs (he actually started a game a bit later), keeping me amused while i'm pulling things to bits!

Will get into sanding etc tomorrow, as well as stripping out the headbox