Author Topic: Would you mylar a stripped playfield?  (Read 317 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Would you mylar a stripped playfield?
« on: April 12, 2011, 10:58:38 AM »
A good question. What I wonder about, is what happens to a clear coated playflield after a few hundred games.  Does the clear stay perfect forever or does it go like the clear coat on a car? . I'll agree the work is great that is being done, but what may or may not be proven yet is the long term durability of a clearcoated playfield after many many games. ?
Has anyone got any games that have been clearcoated a year or two ago and how are they holding up to BIG regular use game numbers.
Mylar is original and does last. Some will prefer original. We need to see some 2 or 3 year aged clearcoat jobs after lots of games before I could decide with my longterm keepers. (but yes, clearcoat looks the goods, durability ?)

Can anyone help with their knowledge and experience with clearcoated games after a number of years ?

P.S- i just had a close look at some of my sega games, and they do appear to have had some sort of clearcoat done from factory ? not sure if this is the same as todays clearcoats, or slightly different but they have held up like new. We are talking 1998 and 99 models here.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 11:31:52 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !