Author Topic: LATEST PROJECT OLD 1940 KOTEX SHOP DISPLAY LIGHT  (Read 286 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
LATEST PROJECT OLD 1940 KOTEX SHOP DISPLAY LIGHT
« on: January 18, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »
A customer at work knew i restored old pinballs and had seen some of my work one day he tells me he has an old 1940 shop display light that the paint is flaking etc.   Each visit he would mention it until he got the courage up to ask if i would have a go at repairing it.      I was happy to have a go at restoring anything so naturally i said yes.   Next time he came in he said he forgot to put it in the car and he said he wasnt all that keen on it anyway.       Next time he came in he said he does have no interest in it anymore but he will still bring it in for me and see if i want it.

Answer is HELL YEAH this will looks sweet re chromed and light up.    Its missing a part that sits over the light globe and shines star and moon shapes onto the glass as it revolves off the globes heat.  How genious is that

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: LATEST PROJECT OLD 1940 KOTEX SHOP DISPLAY LIGHT
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 04:07:26 PM »
Not quite sure how a display light for a brand of feminine hygiene products will fit into the shed vibe...

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 04:09:35 PM »
If anyone has any info on this let me know.

And your right andrew wont exactly fit into the whole man cave but most men wouldnt even know what Kotex is  %.% %.% %.%

I was going to add a joke but id better not  !*!

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 04:22:28 PM »
Great display... look how liberated that woman is after discovering the softness of KOTEX..... now she can do her house duties in comfort  *%* *%*

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 04:31:55 PM »
Great display... look how liberated that woman is after discovering the softness of KOTEX..... now she can do her house duties in comfort  *%* *%*

%.% %.% %.%    Have you ever heard of Consolidated neon Gav?   It says that on a Plaque so im assuming they built it.  It also has Australian Celucotton products No#23 stamped on the base

Offline narf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 05:56:27 PM »
nice  :lol

the auction house about 50kms from my place has a massive old coke neon sign im hoping will come up for sale

at least a 1m square and a big arm for a wall mount on it   ^^^

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 06:08:58 PM »
Even if it is "so soft & so safe"  !@) It came at the right price!   :lol Nice one  ^^^

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 08:18:07 PM »

%.% %.% %.%    Have you ever heard of Consolidated neon Gav?   It says that on a Plaque so im assuming they built it.  It also has Australian Celucotton products No#23 stamped on the base

I know the name - early guys in illuminated signage. neon wasnt cheap then, nor was it easy to come by and during the war was pretty much a dead duck.
That point of Display you have is just classic - i love it... if you want to sell that girly non manly thing that is clealy unfit for any respecting guys shed or games room, then id have it for my shop.. or maybe swap a sign????