Author Topic: Voluntary Redundancy - Do I or Don't I?  (Read 1703 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Voluntary Redundancy - Do I or Don't I?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 07:12:14 PM »
There are going to be tuff times ahead for Australia business.
We are going to have the recession that we didn't have imop.

I also have been made redundant as i am in manufacturing
I was the planner for tooling & property maintenance for the site and also the scheduler for the site maintenance / shut coordinator .

I agree manufacturing in Australia will be finished inside the next 5 years, most have already moved off shore and the others can not compete unfortunately.

My employer, a multinational aluminum manufacturer will shut its doors within the next 6 months, Fords, Qantas maintenance, have already notified of closure, Shell refinery uncertain future, our town was founded on manufacturing and most have left.  These are the few remaining.

Already gone years ago were, International harvester, Pilkingtons glass, rope works, salt works, bhp, many carpet/material mills, and probably many more I can't remember.

I am a maintenance fitter and turner who has had a lot of experience with hydraulics and pneumatics.  Hopefully I will find work somewhere, I feel bad for the many unskilled operators in their later years who will really struggle to find work whilst still having to support their families.

The government are not willing to help, but even if they did it could not stop the rapidly downward spiraling manufacturing future in Australia