Author Topic: Thank you Mr Subaru (and give your family a hug today)  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
There will always be that moron element in our society that will never get the message, no matter how loud you say it. The government has done a good job addressing this social disease and educating people but there will always be that 1% that don't/wont listen. Well the only way to stop them is to take their licence away for life. They gave up their right to a licence when they decided they would take the wheel and put other lives at risk.

This government is too soft. Wake up Australia.

If anyone takes the wheel even slightly inebriated then they are a complete and utter fu*kwit and should be dealt with accordingly.

Sorry for the rant. This sort of thing sh*ts me.

Marty Machine

Nick, all i can say is that i'm glad you're hear to tell the story and that your family are ok, although shookup.

Sadly a lot can happen in 1 second, either positive or negative.
If your wife had maybe 1-2 drinks in her, it could have been a different story with slower reaction.

I've seen (and almost been in) sooo many near misses from drunk/drug-drivers that i lost count.
Luckily i'm not just watching my own driving, but analysing others too, it's rare i drive thru an intersection without looking left/right 'just in case' some druggo is hurling right thru his red light....

I can proudly say that i'll continue to beat the shyte out of anyone who hits me while being drunk/drugged, i dont have a problem with that.....drunk/drugged/hoon drivers be warned...  #@#

MM.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
GO MARTY GO ^^^

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
So glad youre all fine.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Great that you all escaped virtually unscathed. I can only imagine how scary that was.

Offline hamish_nz

• Forum Posts:
Amazing story glad it everyone was OK

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
First glad to hear you and the family are ok - sounds like it was a hell of a hit!  ^^^

Did she even get on the brakes?

Yeah suby has gone to meet god by the sounds of it... RIP suby - you served your master bloody well I'd say!

If they took your "friend" away in a divvy van - rest assured they would have found some speed humps....  %.%

When I passed my motorcycle licence - I was given the following advice:

"When you are on the road - NEVER trust any human being within sight of you (including pedestrians)! Assume they will do something stupid and try and kill you!"

The 3 monumental bike accidents I have had were not my fault... But they were - because I forgot the golden rule above and trusted the other guy to do the right thing...

I think the rule could safely be applied to travelling by car too?
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Yeah suby has gone to meet god by the sounds of it... RIP suby - you served your master bloody well I'd say!

Went and took a look at her today - in the light of day it was obvious she has gone to meet her maker - the front chassis is bent, and the person at the towing yard told me while not officially assessed yet, it is a definite write-off. Kind of sad, but glad I've insisted the family truckster be a Suby for the last few cars - and will be another again for certain. 
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Thats an interesting side light there nick !@# And a quote from Joe Dirt " That shit will buff out"   NOT Good thing she only hit the front or it could have been a lot worse RIP suby

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
You're right. If my wife had braked a split second later (or not at all) the other driver would have collected us square on T-bone, and I don't wont to think about what they would have meant. Just got the official "Total Loss" notification.

$!& Suby

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Makes me worry though if thats a total loss what would they call my ute  %.%

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
So glad to hear that you and all of your family are OK Nick .

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Makes me worry though if thats a total loss what would they call my ute  %.%

Lol !!

The photo doesn't really show that the front end no longer points ahead. Probably make a good Nascar I think..

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...

Lol !!

The photo doesn't really show that the front end no longer points ahead. Probably make a good Nascar I think..

Look like it's been in an episode of Top Gear....

Think the engine block must have taken a fair bit of the force too? (Thank Christ!)

Gotta love those polycarbonate headlight lenses! (I make 'em for a living) - The car will be stuffed, while the lights go bouncing down the road....
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...