Author Topic: How far are you willing to drive for a pinball machine?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline ktmrex

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
I would drive 4 hrs if it was a machine i was after. :D
the opertunity may not come again

Offline Problemchild_87

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
My dad and i drove from Sydney to Child Amuesements and back in less than 20 hours (Jacks Open)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Me and my bandmate Rick drove to Wallsend (Newcastle) to pick up my Stern Dracula, then to Raymond Terrace to pick up a Stern Lightning, from Armidale all in one (long) day. Both machines were paid for by another mate so all i had to do was pick them up, and both were bought based on photos i'd seen of the games. Dracula was a wishlist title, hence why we made the trip, and Lightning was for someone else complete with its hand painted backglass :lol

My mate Rick owns a Ford transit van hence why i asked him to come with me && i paid for all expenses, fuel etc
We left Armidull at 8am on a sunday morning to go get them, and after a couple of stops in Tamworth on the way home got home at 9pm that night ((( ((( ((

My last three games i bought all came from Port Macquarie, 3 hours away from me.

Offline Jango

• Forum Posts:
A guy drove from Sydney to Melbourne to buy my Mario Bros Mushroom World pin for $3K earlier this year!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
A guy drove from Sydney to Melbourne to buy my Mario Bros Mushroom World pin for $3K earlier this year!

Ouch!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria

Ouch!

We have a winner   $%$   @.@  *)*  *)*  *)*

Offline scozza

• Forum Posts:
  • Kensington Grove, QLD
    • eviltechie.com
Well I'm near Bairnsdale in country Victoria.  Leaving for Brisbane pretty soon to pick up one electro, hopefully a couple more if I can get them at the right price.  Maybe I'm just a bit crazy (-;

Cheers,
Scozza.
*** Playball (2) - Hotline - Goldball - Fish Tales - Lethal Weapon 3 -  Striker Xtreme - Star Trek TNG - Star Trek Pro *** Previous machines - Gorgar - Surf Champ - Centigrade 37 - Liberty Bell - Magic - Galaxy -  ***

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:

I drove to Sydney from Port Macquarie,  4 hrs each way for my Stella wars which was supposed to be 100%working but it was not , from a pin dealer, I wont mention any names .

It had to go to Armidale to Mr Pinboligists  place to get it   fixed . I was lucky as he took it home with him  and then I drove out there after a couple of weeks  to pick it up and play his games  we had a really good day.This time it did work 100% and I luv it

I think a road trip is great  If your after a special pin  *%*

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Recently round trip to Bendigo for a game, 450 km.

Regularly to Melbourne and back, depends where, often 220 km round trip.

Grabbed one in Shepparton not long ago - that was just over 500 km round trip.

Worst was not to get a game, but to display one - took Nug and CI up to the optimistically named "Expo" in Sydney and back in a weekend - almost 2,000 km exactly.

I like driving by the way.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Worst was not to get a game, but to display one - took Nug and CI up to the optimistically named "Expo" in Sydney and back in a weekend - almost 2,000 km exactly.

I like driving by the way.

It was much appreciated, of course! And I am glad you like driving - it is a bit tricky to get the airlines to take a pinball machine as luggage...

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
wow is it really worth picing up a machine when ur over 4 hours away! Is it really cheaper than paying transport?
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
wow is it really worth picing up a machine when ur over 4 hours away! Is it really cheaper than paying transport?

I reckon it would be worth it, though the furthest i've gone is about a 7 hour round trip. Picking up the pins yourself would be cheaper (and safer IMO) coz you know the pin will arrive home in one piece  *%* you'd only have the cost of fuel (and maybe something to eat along the way). I own a V6 Camry s/wagon which is pretty cheap to run on a trip, and have brought home many pins in it  :D

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
sorry to say I have gone from Coffs Harbour to Melbourne to pick up games,to make it worse ,I've done it twice @.@.plenty of mad pinball followers there,it's well worth the trip.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
that dog with the sunnies is a very cool avatar.  ^^^

excellent photo.  ^^^ ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
I get a local guy who runs a small transport company and makes a delivery for me within adelaide to me (adelaide hills region) for around $75, hes a good friend now and I know if he dropped it or something he would let me know and delivers them in a van.
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!