Author Topic: SAD BUT TRUE. Where is Australia heading ?  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
SAD BUT TRUE. Where is Australia heading ?
« on: August 11, 2011, 06:28:15 PM »
Heres a good one for you.

Ever wondered why you are taxed to buggery in Australia ? Ever wonder why you have to work like a dog to get ahead. Well I was looking at a site a friend sent me.
I will list the site below.

Here is some interesting figures. Total Population of Australia 22 and a half million people. Amount of people employed in Australia this month, 11 and a half million people !
Yet the government says we only have a unemployment rate of 5.1 percent (garbage). The figures are fudged bad. That means we have around 10 million people in Australia living on the pension, or sickness benefit, in school etc and we have a so called "only 1.2 million" unemployed people. That means we have over 11 million people not working out of 22 and a half million. FRIGGIN AMAZING ! nOW YOU KNOW WHY YOU PAY A MINIMUM OF 39 TO 49 PERCENT IN TAX, plus the gst at 10 percent, which means reallistically, you only ever get to keep less than 50 cents for every dollar you earn, then you pay more for state taxes, federal taxes etc etc etc.

Where will Australia be in ten years ? perhaps worse off i would suggest. And the governments adding yet another new carbon tax ! when will the tax ripoffs stop !

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs%40.nsf/94713ad445ff1425ca25682000192af2/1647509ef7e25faaca2568a900154b63?OpenDocument

Doesnt it just make you want to jump out of bed in the morning and go to work ?  @.@ @.@

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:17:43 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: SAD BUT TRUE. Where is Australia heading ?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »
Heres a good one for you.

Ever wondered why you are taxed to buggery in Australia ? Ever wonder why you have to work like a dog to get ahead. Well I was looking at a site a friend sent me.
I will list the site below.

Here is some interesting figures. Total Population of Australia 22 and a half million people. Amount of people employed in Australia this month, 11 and a half million people !
Yet the government says we only have a unemployment rate of 5.1 percent (garbage). The figures are fudged bad. That means we have around 10 million people in Australia living on the pension, or sickness benefit, and we have a so called "only 1.2 million" unemployed people. That means we have over 11 million people not working out of 22 and a half million. FRIGGIN AMAZING ! nOW YOU KNOW WHY YOU PAY A MINIMUM OF 39 TO 49 PERCENT IN TAX, plus the gst at 10 percent, which means reallistically, you only ever get to keep less than 50 cents for every dollar you earn, then you pay more for state taxes, federal taxes etc etc etc.

Where will Australia be in ten years ? perhaps worse off i would suggest. And the governments adding yet another new carbon tax ! when will the tax ripoffs stop !

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs%40.nsf/94713ad445ff1425ca25682000192af2/1647509ef7e25faaca2568a900154b63?OpenDocument

Doesnt it just make you want to jump out of bed in the morning and go to work ?  @.@ @.@

I guess my daughters are part of that 10 million bludgers problem - better get them off to work.

Anyone got jobs for a 6 and 8 year old? They are quick learners according to their primary school teaches.......
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 07:17:00 PM »
4 million kids in australia and apx 15 percent work, which is excellent. Australia has one of the best employment rates of kids in most western countries.

Nick, ofcourse kids are not included in the point I was making.

I was just amazed that only half of our country can work. I wonder what the stats for the USA are, and if their figures are similar which would suggest why they have such a huge financial problem.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 07:34:12 PM »
Do not forget to count those who 'Work' for the government either
Tax dollars pay for them too!!!!!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 07:47:43 PM »
Nick, ofcourse kids are not included in the point I was making.

My comment was a joke. Not quite as funny now that you edited the post by adding "in schools" I suppose - did you want me to remove my quote of the original post?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 08:01:41 PM »
I cant win. Sorry mate, I didnt know if it was a joke or not.

I was actually in the shower, and i thought "fark, i didnt include kids in the figures". I thought someone would bust my balls over that because it did look like anyone not working wasnt going to be seen in a positive light.

Then I got out of the shower and saw your response and said to myself, farrk, he was too quik and I was too slow to adjust the post. My bad. Sorry Nick. Slap me when i visit you oneday for a beer.

p.s- on the funny side of things, I do know a commercial seller in QLD who does have his kids stripping playfields n doing re-rubbering and re-globing after school, and they are close to about ten yrs of age. So watch out, cause he just might employ the youngsters.  @.@
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:05:09 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 08:11:18 PM »
Dont forget apart from kids, there is an awful lot of retired people in there too including self funded retirees, and others who dont "work " as in paid employment but who dont necessarily draw welfare benefits such as stay at home mums, dads etc and these people are not unemployed as such.

I'm sure the figures would be fairly accurate, because lets face it if the actual figures were higher than that then the opposition would be falling over themselves to make a big deal about it with the Gillard government

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 08:11:54 PM »
I think about how well my 82 year old mother is taken care of (she's still active, and more importantly, on topic has and daily plays a pinball machine), pension, health services etc, and I find it hard to begrudge the system. A mate mentioned the other day that two of the highest taxed countries in the world are Australia and Denmark. And look at their economic positions compared to the much lower taxed US. Not sure if that's the reason, but makes you wonder. I've paid a fair share of tax over the years and at some ludicrous percentages, but in the end I look around and can't find too much to complain about!!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 08:12:26 PM »

I just searched for the percentage of people working for the govt, and its only 17 percent accross Australia, excluding Tasmania which is over 65 percent employed by the government (believe it or not !).

I dont mind govt workers. Where would we be without the cops n the various other govt peoples who do work their ass's off. I think the days of bludging in any job are coming to a end. Everyone, incl both private and the govt sector is cutting the fat daily. I wonder if i can find "households with pinball machines" in the last census. It shld have been a mandatory question this time around.  !*!

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 10:53:36 PM »
In 10 years time, immigration will be so abundant that those 11million people working will be all Asian+Indian population, while us Aussies are all jobless and worth nothing coz we cost too much to pay  !*!

The next depression isn't as far as everyone thinks, be afraid !!!!!!!!!!

....and if you retire in the next 10+ years, don't expect a super-payout anytime soon, forget about it.

my 20cents, minus tax of course... ;-)

wish i lived in 0-tax Monaco.....

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 11:07:57 PM »
I think i'm mis-reading this but people under the age of 18 arn't in the figures are they?
well i'd take a guess and say that there is proberly... oh 4-5% of under 18's that work... because when you say under 18 that counts babys-primary school-high school... i was only thinking about teenagers and was going to say 40% !@)
I guess this was a waste of time... *%* %.%
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 03:21:12 AM »

I just searched for the percentage of people working for the govt, and its only 17 percent accross Australia, excluding Tasmania which is over 65 percent employed by the government (believe it or not !).

I dont mind govt workers. Where would we be without the cops n the various other govt peoples who do work their ass's off. I think the days of bludging in any job are coming to a end. Everyone, incl both private and the govt sector is cutting the fat daily. I wonder if i can find "households with pinball machines" in the last census. It shld have been a mandatory question this time around.  !*!

Juilia gillard has a personal staff of over 60 people
must be working over-time to stuff up so bad

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 05:57:24 PM »

Juilia gillard has a personal staff of over 60 people
must be working over-time to stuff up so bad

how many of that 60 personal staff are on the "work for the dole "
because that may explain the stuff ups
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:10:39 PM by Greg »
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 08:29:14 PM »
One interesting thing about numbers in the workforce as well, is that as the years pass, more and more people are becoming replaced by machines or technology.

Factories employing lots n lots of people seem to be a thing of the past and technology makes it harder and harder not to cut the numbers of people you employ.

Its still difficult to get ya head around the fact that only 11 million people in Australia out of 22 million work.  I would never have thought it possible until i studied the bureau of statistic stuff. 

A footnote regarding Ms Gillard, she wont be around after the next election. Well, I hope not anyhow. If she implements pinball arcades in every capital city, then I will vote for her. But I think pigs will fly first.  !!!

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 03:32:05 PM »
If the carbon tax ever actually comes in, add most of Australias Manufacturing industry to the unemployed, why make anything in Australia being taxed to the hilt? When you can send it offshore and employ people for a couple of dollars a day and pump out as much polution as you want  ^.^