Author Topic: SAD BUT TRUE. Where is Australia heading ?  (Read 1410 times)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: SAD BUT TRUE. Where is Australia heading ?
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2011, 01:19:25 PM »
Australa hasn't been Australia for donkeys years. It is now a sad reflection of the great nation it once was.
Political correctness and bowing to pressure from whacky religions is destroying this country and I'm mad as a cut snake about it.
I wonder if our grandparents who fought and died in combat for the ideals of this land would be happy with where our lucky country has gone.
Somehow I doubt it very very much.

Very well said !
I am sure those who fought and died for this country would be ropeable about the state of the Nation today and looking forward.
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2011, 02:37:53 AM »
The whole world has a MASSIVE problem. I know it sounds stupid, but every month, more n more humans are becoming obsolete. The storyline of Mad Max meets Terminator will probably be a reality.

Who needs humans when u can replace people with automated robots. Just look at any modern factory. Its a ghost town. At one end u have humans for sales n marketing n admin, then u have a few people at the start of the line, a few people down the end, and a few humans to deliver stuff on trucks to airports/sea ports or by road.
A robot does the work of hundreds and never needs a break.

An economy like the USA is going to get ALOT WORSE. It will NEVER get better only worse. They import everything (who doesnt). And when China finally catchs up in the next decade or two maximum, technolgy will replace most chineese humans to. Looks like the whole world will just end up watching TV.

Now, all we need is Pinball Shows on Foxtel and free to air, and we will all be happy. Marty said before "be afraid, be scared etc", he was bloody right. What are our kids going to do for work in ten n twenty years ? It is a worry, with not many soloutions for humans to find work cause as humans, we cost far too much to run/employ and we get flogged by a lousy robot 100 to 1. What will the world do with this problem. Technology got us here, can technology get us out of it, I really dont think so. Our generation will be ok, but future ones are a big worry.

(ok, babble over.  %.% %.%  ^^^ ^^^).
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »

There was a brilliant show on Channel 9 (I think) over the weekend where Andrew Bolt was the host. I'd never given too much thought to the Carbon Tax, other than it was another revenue raising junket that served no real purpose.

But it really opened my eyes to the rubbish and lies Gillard speaks. She is an unelected clown and she has convinced herself that she is an "authority" on climate change. All these so called "experts" are on her own FUNDED panel of Climate Change Consultants.

The climate change debate is like a court case. Usually, each side has a legal representative and fair representation. Both sides of the argument present their case and the jury decide the outcome. If the climate change debate was to use the court case analogy, then the side representing the Government would have an "open chequebook" to hire the best legal team possible, and they would ensure all the tax payer funded costs are covered to best present their case. The opposition (to the Carbon tax), would not receive ANY funding, they would be "cut off" from government funding and not have access to ANY unbiased Carbon Tax experts that would effectively win the case against a Carbon Tax.

So what I understood - The government is "investing" HEAVILY into pushing an agenda onto us. In doing so, they are actively silencing the scientists that dispel the Myth. Any scientist that approves of the Carbon Tax, is given a mouthpiece and funding to their particular field. Anyone who voices an opinion AGAINST a Carbon Tax is having their funding reduced. That explains why most of the scientists who oppose the Carbon Tax are retired and are not at risk of their department funding cut.

Every single Pro Carbon Tax myth was explained and debunked. Most of the Pro Carbon Tax argument is based on predictive data produced by computer models with inconclusive data. Each "fact" Gillard presents on her propaganda road trip was debunked. The Earth's climate changes, it is part of an ever changing cycle of life.

It's all propaganda and politics based on inaccurate predictive data.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2011, 04:55:24 PM »
+1 ABSOLUTELY!

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2011, 05:33:06 PM »
Too right Nino.. is good to hear others voice my opinions  &&

What Gillard and all cronies have forgotten is that IF they introduce a carbon tax, small business have to wear the cost for at least the first year as our tax is done at end of financial, couple this with what will be a massive downturn in ALL industries and you have literally thousands of people going broke etc.. it aint rocket science.. less work.. more costs... you cant keep afloat in those circumstances.

OK... so first year is done, myself and everyone else i know are bankrupt... heres another knock on effect.
Australia will be one of the most expensive countries to visit from overseas... watch tourism drop like a stone in a pond.
Gillard has got one thing right though... the rest of the world WILL be watching... but not to emulate, but more to lecture to economic students on how NOT to run a countries finances.
I explain to my wife and kids this..... if the Gov is prepared to raise the tax free threshold from $6000 per annum to nearly $20,000 per annum, then you have no idea just how expensive things in THIS country ( nowhere else) will be... then inflation will soar and the AUS$ will be worthless.
I came here 17 years ago.... this place was pretty cheap and you guys worked hard and got ahead.. gave me a real buzz to be part of it... now i talk to my mum and pals in UK and its cheaper to live there than here now.
So much mismanagement over the years, red tape, restrictions, taxes etc.
Ive seen the change in my 17 years here and it really is a great shame

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2011, 05:43:46 PM »
Never mind - labor will be tossed out on their ear soon and even if this idiodic tax IS implimented it will very quickly be thrown in the bin....
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2011, 05:53:06 PM »
Never mind - labor will be tossed out on their ear soon and even if this idiodic tax IS implimented it will very quickly be thrown in the bin....

I seriously doubt it will be dumped IF it is implemented
I need more room ! and more $$$