Author Topic: Any punters out there? Whats your tip for the cup  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Any punters out there? Whats your tip for the cup
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 09:43:13 PM »
Daz, I wanted to clarify something about the previous comment I made about when i went gambling for a 3 month period, so u can put my previous comments into perspective. I was serious, my comments werent made for a laugh. lol

I actually met an American maths pofessor who was a professional gambler. He only played one game and travelled the world gambling. It was Roulette/red or black like I said.

Anyone can bet on red or black, its a no brainer. But knowing what u shld bet, depends on what stake you start with. If u have 2 grand to play with, you bet $100 a time, if u have $1200 or less, u bet $50 only. It matters alot based on probability of how many times u can afford to lose say 6 or 7 times in a row, and if u do win, how many times u can double up before you reach the house betting limit etc. There are a few mathematical rules u need to stick to, to give yourself a fighting chance. This maths professor and gambling expert explained some key rules. He also taught me how the house spins the ball anti-clockwise, or clockwise depending on how a person bets. Again, another important item that the average Joe wouldnt know, unless a expert pointed it out. The list goes on, including they change dealers more often if u are winning etc, as well as use different weighted balls the more u win etc. Even on a game as basic as red or black, there are many hidden parts to the story.

I gambled for a 3 month period, 7 days a week, 12 hrs a day because it was a break from being in the security industry/the same thing I have done for almost 20 yrs. Most days i would win $300 or $400, giving me a average winning for the week of a few grand. In most gambling circles, $300 a day in profit was peanuts for a 12 hr day, and a few grand a week still peanuts. I make alot more than that in my security business, which is why after 3 months I went back to running my fulltime business, and stopped my holiday of gambling which was a hobby/interest to have a sea change from Security. I also note that I would gamble from 8pm of a night til sun up the next morning. You never see the family. 3 months was well enough of that.

Sometimes theres more to the story than meets the eye.  %$%

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:52:39 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !