Author Topic: How do you deal with stress?  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: How do you deal with stress?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 12:40:45 AM »
never to late to take up hard drugs... some games of pinball do it for me though 

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 01:35:11 AM »
Exercise is really the best form of stress relief that I have ever found.

Leave the phone at home go for a 5k run at your own pace or a goods 40 minute walk and it really does clear your head, but if you can build up a sweat for about 10 or 15 minutes you normally get a bit of an endorphin release in the brain and that feels good. For some reason the stuff that doesn't need to be stressed about just seems to float away.

Also set a time of the day when you can switch off, so you can say ok its 8.30 whatever hasn't been done yet will have to wait until Tomorrow because its my time now ( unless of course the kids a sick or something like that ) and then turn on your favourite show or chuck on some music , usually works for me.

Offline Timelord

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 02:02:19 AM »
I play the sax and that is a great way to channel unwanted stresses, either playing or listening to music unwinds me, however jamming with my bandmates, we all love Pink Floyd, is the best way to chill
He who laughs last......thinks slowest

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 10:16:41 AM »
I work in a industry where u see peoples houses burgled, businesses wrecked and peoples lives damaged badly by thieves/fraudsters on a daily basis. Its all bad news usually when I arrive to sell/install security systems and camera systems etc. After 17 years, I still cant get over how cruel people can be by breaking into/stealing/vandalising everything people own and work for.  You always feel and see the stress these victims get from no good law breakers etc. Hence I usually have a quick fuse towards anyone bodgy.

Best way to de-stress is to play a pinball game in a quiet room, take ya time and just enjoy the audio and the little things the pinball machine has to offer, or just read about pinballs and study every model ever made on Internet Pinball Data Base etc. Next is a good few hours of Star Trek Voyager or Star Trek Enterprise with a little Stargate Atlantis thrown in.  *%*
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:26:12 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2011, 10:19:29 AM »
never to late to take up hard drugs... some games of pinball do it for me though 

:lol
drugs are not the answer...just part of the question.. ()
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2011, 10:24:34 AM »
I play the sax and that is a great way to channel unwanted stresses, either playing or listening to music unwinds me, however jamming with my bandmates, we all love Pink Floyd, is the best way to chill

If u can play the theme song to the Benny Hill show on the sax, u have my vote. (if u ask me who Benny Hill is, then we are different ages.lol  %.%)
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline rads

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2011, 12:49:14 PM »
Rub one out

Offline andtan

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2011, 02:19:04 PM »
I have a deal with the missus, every second week I get out in the bush on the dirtbike.
It really helps to take my mind off dealing with the kids and life in general.  Focusing just on riding for 5 or 6 hours and a good adrenaline rush whilst I'm at it.
It ends up being like a drug, if I miss out one fortnight, the next fortnight really drags, and the missus can see it and understands I need some man time, really clears my head  *%*

Offline Timelord

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2011, 02:57:23 PM »

If u can play the theme song to the Benny Hill show on the sax, u have my vote. (if u ask me who Benny Hill is, then we are different ages.lol  %.%)
I know who Benny Hill is, where is that little bald guy to smack on the head when you need him? I think that was one of the ways Benny himself relieved stress  %.% I can play the theme music unfortunately when I do I don't get the scantily clad female forms running around me like Benny did  ^&^
He who laughs last......thinks slowest

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2011, 02:58:14 PM »
Get some exercise. Run or walk. Doing my 20th 5k of 2011 tomorrow and it's supposed to get down to 17 degrees overnight. I'm gonna freeze! Oh well :)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2011, 03:01:34 PM »
I work in the property indusrty & deal with stress by having a few cans bundy rums, playing my arcades/pins and chilling out to some music.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2011, 04:03:34 PM »
I work in a industry where u see peoples houses burgled, businesses wrecked and peoples lives damaged badly by thieves/fraudsters on a daily basis. Its all bad news usually when I arrive to sell/install security systems and camera systems etc. After 17 years, I still cant get over how cruel people can be by breaking into/stealing/vandalising everything people own and work for.  You always feel and see the stress these victims get from no good law breakers etc. Hence I usually have a quick fuse towards anyone bodgy.

Best way to de-stress is to play a pinball game in a quiet room, take ya time and just enjoy the audio and the little things the pinball machine has to offer, or just read about pinballs and study every model ever made on Internet Pinball Data Base etc. Next is a good few hours of Star Trek Voyager or Star Trek Enterprise with a little Stargate Atlantis thrown in.  *%*
I get broken into at work every second year (I guess they here there is a lot of dough in a pie shop!), pisses me off, but I can deal with it

Just finished rewatching ST Voyager

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2011, 04:22:03 PM »
Rub one out

10 out of 10 great answer that's funny $#$ ^^^

Oh and just think how worst off some other people are and that puts it all in some sort of prospective.

Peter

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2011, 05:51:53 PM »

Oh and just think how worst off some other people are and that puts it all in some sort of prospective.

Peter
Gorgar 1, I am not complaining, I like my life, I know I am in a better position than many others
I like my life to be full, I like having something to move towards.
But what I am moving to is a new to me, to break free of the position where I have found myself for the last 20 years