Author Topic: Bargain!  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Bargain!
« on: January 30, 2012, 01:32:48 PM »
Just waiting on customs to clear my new baby.
660 mint vintage Rickenbacker.....Oh yeah!!!! ^^^
Can't wait to plug it in and point my amp at the dropkick neighbours house....I hope they have soundproofing!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Bargain!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »
Nice  ^^^ #.#

post some pics when u get it, id like to see it!!

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 10:38:20 PM »
If said drop kick neighbours had let you build your shed (council politics), then there would have been some insulation.! 

SUCKERS.  !*!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 10:49:59 PM »
Very true mate, hopefully a large dose of regular punk rock won't obscure their view or ruin their ventillation but I sure hope it gives them a big fkn headache! *)*
Wait til I get my brother down with his drumkit when they are having a nice little get together, they aint seen or heard nothin yet.... :lol

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 10:53:18 PM »
Nice  ^^^ #.#

Cheers, its a dream guitar for me. I am very happy...well I will be happier when it gets here, still sitting in customs...grrrrr.
I will post a few pics up when I get it for any fellow musos on the forum and anyone else who is interested.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 11:11:49 PM »
Nice  ^^^ #.#

Cheers, its a dream guitar for me. I am very happy...well I will be happier when it gets here, still sitting in customs...grrrrr.
I will post a few pics up when I get it for any fellow musos on the forum and anyone else who is interested.

Looking forward to it  *%* and yes there are a few fellow musos, including myself here among the forum members!!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 11:20:47 AM »
Nice  ^^^ #.#

Looking forward to it  *%* and yes there are a few fellow musos, including myself here among the forum members!!

Do you play guitar as well mate or another instrument?

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 09:54:35 PM »
Yeah i play guitar too. Fender guitars are my #1 choice of gigging axe  (i have half a dozen strats and a tele) but i have a wide appreciation of all makes & models of guitars  *%*

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 09:57:32 PM »
My last guitar was a beautiful 91 strat plus in purple( rare colour)...a great guitar for sure but I am a RIC man through and through.
I have had fenders,gibsons,peaveys...I can't find any better for me than RIC but as it is with guitars it's always up to the palyer.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:33:02 AM by Cow Corner »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 01:30:20 PM »
I just got a knock on the door and very freindly UPS delivery dude just handed over my beautifull new axe to me! #*#
I will post some pics up soon when I come down off cloud 9.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2012, 04:15:01 PM »
Nice  ^^^ #.#

Here ya go mate...a few quick ones.

Offline andtan

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 09:35:43 PM »
That is one really nice “ghee..tah” @@*

I just wish that I had the patience to learn how to play one. Tried a couple of times in the past, but seem to get disillusioned too quick @.@

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 09:55:34 PM »
That is one really nice “ghee..tah” @@*

I just wish that I had the patience to learn how to play one. Tried a couple of times in the past, but seem to get disillusioned too quick @.@

Thanks, she is a beauty alright, the vintage pickups are so warm and creamy...i'm in tone heaven. I will have to have it setup for my gauge of strings and eliminate some small buzz but thats no biggie.
I taught myself, it was a hard to start with but if you hang in there it will get easier and easier.
If you have mates that play,jamming with them always helps heaps as well.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »
 ^%^ WOW that is one beeeutiful guitar. I've always loved the sound of Rickenbacker guitars, especially their electric 12 string models. even though its something i wouldnt use at a gig i'd still like to own one someday  *%*
I had the opportunity once to buy one that was traded in to the music shop in Armidale when i lived there, 12 string electric, dont know what model number was, but it had the BEST action i had ever seen on a 12 string, this thing was silky soft to play.. amazing!!.. but i let it slide though...couldnt spare the money !!!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 12:08:59 AM »
^%^ WOW that is one beeeutiful guitar. I've always loved the sound of Rickenbacker guitars, especially their electric 12 string models. even though its something i wouldnt use at a gig i'd still like to own one someday  *%*
I had the opportunity once to buy one that was traded in to the music shop in Armidale when i lived there, 12 string electric, dont know what model number was, but it had the BEST action i had ever seen on a 12 string, this thing was silky soft to play.. amazing!!.. but i let it slide though...couldnt spare the money !!!

Cheers mate, it's been a great day playing and playing and playing.
I love Rics and it is interesting you mentioned 12 strings. I have my eye on another Ric....a 360v 12 string in amber fireglow as well as another strat or tele..haven't decided on the fender yet. I have gone guitar crazy again.
I like Rics both for live and recording work, their sound is so unique and they look like a peice of art as much as an instrument. Yeah they are pricey guitars and there are no distributors for them new in australia any more, so I have to get them from the states but by doing this it's much cheaper than if you were to buy one in a oz guitar shop, even after the shipping and import duties. ^^^