Author Topic: Bargain!  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Bargain!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 12:37:17 PM »
It's NIB...well it was until I took outa the box.
You don't like slick actions and fast necks? I do no matter what company make them. I like fenders and Gretsch too..Gibsons are too heavy for me to play for long periods of time but I like them too and have owned variuos models from each mob. Owned a couple of peaveys and a couple of matons as well.
I must admit I prefer my guitars older as well, as the wood gets aged the guitar will sound even better but new guitars don't need breaking in as such.

i like very fast actions and dont like those style bridges.
but rics are good guitars but as you said they are unique sound and they need to be suited to you.
i used to own fenders and im not a fan really. gibsons are nice but not my style. i mostly had esp's and Jacksons, but i used to go through guitars like it was going out of fasion. had an esp kirk H guitar, was good not a fan of the band but was a fast guitar, as my uncle owned a music store id be trading and swapping guitars and what not. ive picked up a few ric's of his  as he is a collector as well very nice guitar great quality just didnt suit me. Gretsch are another guitar like rics you need to play to the guitars style. rics demand respect i think and i dont play a guitar with much respect.
but the fastest guitar i have come across was the one i have now had the longest time, and thats my peavey Vandenberg, never been a peavey fan and still arent but man do i love this guitar.
i do beleive guitars break in, frets feel better after user lots of use and the action changes

I haven't played too many Jacksons or ESP but the ones I have played were very very nice indeed but prob more suited to metal or hard rock for mine?
I play mainly alt rock with some punk thrown in for fun. I have not come by a Vanderberg, my Peav was a Wolfgang...nice guitar, I really liked the hardtail style on it.
Yeah i hear ya about frets and break in with action that's fair enough. I am not a big lead player so Frets don't come into play as much for me.
What amp are you playing the Peavey through? I am only playing through a small vox prctice amp...I sold my last gigging amp and guitar when I got into pins but I'm looking at getting a old uk ac-30 or a Orange Rockerveb soon.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"