Author Topic: Bargain!  (Read 1503 times)

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
Re: Bargain!
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 08:58:41 PM »

I saw Whitesnake in Melbourne in the late 80's with Vandenberg and Vivian Campbell. The aussie tour was the first with the new lineup, and they were sloppy and Vandenberg was clearly drunk and struggled through the show.

I can't play a note but I love looking at guitars and hearing people's stories. I have a lot of respect for musicians, and these ""off topic (pinball)" threads are a great read. One of my closest buddies used to work at Belman Guitars, and I used to drop in and watch these guys hand make their guitars. The amount of work that goes into making a guitar is astounding. They used to make custom 6 string Bass guitars, and these were just monstrous - but they looked VERY cool.

I would really like to have a unique guitar hanging on the wall of my gamesroom (one day). One of my other buddies has a Paul Stanley Ibanez Iceman signed by Paul Stanley. It is his prized possession.

Guitarists share the same passion for guitars that pinball collectors have for their pinballs. Difference is that musician's have the gift of playing music that makes most of us very happy !

i did not have the fortunate oppertunity to see whitesnake live.but david coverdale did play in adelaide in 95,and i saw him.the concert was awsome.my missus had her top off and was swaying it to the music.in a response david pointed at us.lol.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Redback

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 09:03:20 PM »
I'd like to purchase a guitar.
May I ask were you ordered yours from?

I was looking at a Fender online, but they only posted to the USA.

Thanks in advance,

Red
Found hobby, now need coin

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 09:36:56 PM »
I'd like to purchase a guitar.
May I ask were you ordered yours from?

I was looking at a Fender online, but they only posted to the USA.

Thanks in advance,

Red

Oliviasvintage.com...they sell on ebay as well but you can contact them directly for a better deal.
Joseph is a nice guy and the wrapping is 2nd to none.
They have some very nice fenders, gibsons, gretschs and Rics there.
They will do you a good deal but remember you will pay customs on anything over $1k...I tried to get the value on mine lowered for customs but they didn't fall for it.
All good though...there are some great deals o/s with the dollar so strong.
Best of luck with your search I hope you find a beauty! ^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 09:38:53 PM »
how much is the duty on orders of over $1000

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2012, 09:47:52 PM »
how much is the duty on orders of over $1000
the duty on the Ric was $245...I am unsure of if it is more say if you bought a 5k guitar or or a 5k PINBALL for that matter. The ya go i mentioned the P word. %$%

Offline Redback

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2012, 10:13:32 PM »
Thank you for the link,

Will check them out,

Red
Found hobby, now need coin

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 08:33:59 AM »

"Guitarists share the same passion for guitars that pinball collectors have for their pinballs. Difference is that musician's have the gift of playing music that makes most of us very happy !"

Never really thought of myself as a guitar collector, but then - 1979 Fender, a 1980 Maton, a mid-80's 12-string Ovation, and both from around 2000 - a Takamine and a Goden electric nylon synth....... and I never sell them (well, a Gibson many years ago when I was broke)..... looks like my obsessive compulsive collecting isn't confined to pinball....
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2012, 08:49:56 AM »

"Guitarists share the same passion for guitars that pinball collectors have for their pinballs. Difference is that musician's have the gift of playing music that makes most of us very happy !"

Never really thought of myself as a guitar collector, but then - 1979 Fender, a 1980 Maton, a mid-80's 12-string Ovation, and both from around 2000 - a Takamine and a Goden electric nylon synth....... and I never sell them (well, a Gibson many years ago when I was broke)..... looks like my obsessive compulsive collecting isn't confined to pinball....

Cool ^^^

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 11:27:41 AM »
91 Fender Telecaster Deluxe is on the way!
 #*#