Author Topic: LAH "Ripper" - kickback issues (F9 Fuse) & LHS Flipper  (Read 6128 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: LAH "Ripper" - kickback issues (F9 Fuse)
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 02:47:44 PM »
I've got a couple more fuses and each time it looks like it kills the Q1 as well.  I will do a visual again (unclip the loom and see)....

I have traced the blue/black wire (which is power I think) back and I cannot see anything obvious.  The violet / yellow looks although it goes to the crane...then to magnets!

OK, the blue/black wire looks to be clean. 

1st boot, the fuse blew, but thankfully not the transister this time! (note crane was unplugged and also coil..) The thing I did notice (in the dark - no sparks) however there was a humm at first power up - sounds like coming from magnets as I had my head right next to them.....It wasn't the speakers as I've heard these a million times and I am use to it starting up without the fuse working.  Definately different...

So, I removed the 3 fuses from the magnets, and unplugged both ends of the loom from the small PCB next to magnets....NO FUSE BLOW.

Is the violet / yellow a common earth for the 50v things (I'm shooting from the hip here so please correct me)....If there is a drama with the magnets can this be causing issues...

Update:...I've bathed the aux PCB 520-5068-00 (rev A.) in isoprobl alcohol to clean it as it was covered in gunk. There are a few things - a couple of tracks have been jumpered but looks intentional and the end pin (one after the gap) on J2 is gone (dry).  Could this dry joint be causing issues?  If the magnets are not related to this issue at all then I'll have to take a deep breath and bat on.

Thanks again for everyones input....
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 04:16:14 PM by MartyJ »