Author Topic: BGRESTO Group Order - Expression of Interest  (Read 23052 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: BGRESTO Group Order - Expression of Interest
« Reply #270 on: April 27, 2015, 08:10:10 PM »
....Good to hear from you re: your experiences with your Dad and his attitudes to money. ..... In my formative years my grandmother lived with us. She was the 'knowing' person when it came to money. .... A few of her gems: (and I quote) "When you buy something, always try to buy the very best one that you can afford. The pain of paying for it , you will only feel it ONCE. If you buy 'cheap', you will feel the pain EVERYDAY as it probably won't be much good."
 ....and from the same grandmother .... "Buy it once, ... buy it right."

I have tried to live by her wisdom and it has never let me down. When I have gone against her principles and tried to buy 'cheap', I have usually regreted my decision. .... and felt the pain for many days.

I enjoyed reading your story. Thanks. Mark
wise person, what I like is the point about 'what you can afford'. Everyone can buy the best, but do you sell your soul or lose your house for it? My wife told me off once when I bought a cheap backglass which was off a bingo called ticker tape or something. She said, "and what significance does this have to do with pinball or what I'm interested in?". It had nothing to do with my childhood memories of pinball, or artwork I liked, so what a waste of cash. It sat in a cupboard gathering dust until I sold it for half the cost.
Still loving my Metallica Premium