Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

Gulfstream Restoration

<< < (2/9) > >>

Retropin:

--- Quote from: Dean Morgan on December 29, 2008, 07:54:03 AM ---Good Stuff, will watch with intrest your progress.

It will be awesome to see it re-painted.  I hate it when people paint over the old cabinet artwork.  I sold a Roller Disco a few years back, went to do a repair recently and the owner had sprayed it black !!!

Love the fact that you will give this machine a new lease of life.

The playfield looks interesting, looks like a fun game.

Dean

--- End quote ---

i hope you gave the owner a piece of your mind - unbelievable what people do

Strangeways:

--- Quote from: Retropin on December 29, 2008, 09:57:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: Dean Morgan on December 29, 2008, 07:54:03 AM ---Good Stuff, will watch with intrest your progress.

It will be awesome to see it re-painted.  I hate it when people paint over the old cabinet artwork.  I sold a Roller Disco a few years back, went to do a repair recently and the owner had sprayed it black !!!

Love the fact that you will give this machine a new lease of life.

The playfield looks interesting, looks like a fun game.

Dean

--- End quote ---

i hope you gave the owner a piece of your mind - unbelievable what people do

--- End quote ---

I would have walked out in disgust...   ^.^ ^.^ ^.^ ^.^

Mr Pinbologist:
I cant believe what some people do to these machines regarding repainting them different colours ^.^ ^.^. i've seen some truly horrible "repaints" over the years. 15 yrs ago i almost sold my Abracadabra.. til i found out the guy wanted to repaint the game to suit the decor of his rumpus room... after which i promtly changed my mind!

Sorry for getting off track.. cant wait to see the progress on this game, looks like it'll come up a treat. I love seeing these old gems being restored back to their former glory.

Ford Fairlane:
Hi Guys,

I started on the playfield today.. I used metho and gently rubbed off a lot of the gunk that was caked on it. However, even though i took heaps of crap off it, it still remains dirty and im tooo scared to rub any harder. Whats the next step?

Do i try metho again?
Do i spray it on and leave it overnight?  !@#
Do i move to novus?
Do i try magic eraser?
Any other product i should try before i get into magic eraser?

Sorry about all the questions in 1 post but not sure what to do

It does look heaps better though but i want perfection and its not even close :lol

illawarra_steelers:
Rob,

Keep the questions coming - you will find each of us has different ideas - I'm a real fan of ME and Eucalyptus oil, not used at once! The oil first then the ME, then Novis, them some wax!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version