Author Topic: Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones  (Read 26339 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2015, 08:27:27 PM »
I have never seen the show so can't  say it is a must for me and can understand the use of some gears given the time setting but just seems like it is almost going steampunk as a little too many gears.

There are some elements that are cool and some that are terrible:
-nice that stern provided 3d renders of the game which are nice quality but the game components will never look this so doubt the finished product will match these images.
- I like the sword idea for stopping the ball and letting just one ball at a time through from the ball lock (I think) - can see the sword getting some realistic mod upgrades
- the shield inserts are cool, and new for this game which is nice and original but the playfield looks a little over powered by them all - almost out of proportion or unbalanced.
- the super jackpot / wildfire log looks like a similar Dutch Pinball rug idea concept idea.
- the pro is radically different and looks too bland and empty in the back lhs corner - wonder if some one would contemplate a mini-playfield mode for the pro. Someone could get a le and pro and compare and could possibly do well in a $1000 kit to bolt in??? to add features like a le....
- in a way it is better without characters on the playfield to make it a little more appealing in the future but the trans and cabinet art on the pro especially is crap.

so comparison pics
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 08:43:37 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts