Author Topic: Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones  (Read 26335 times)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re:
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2015, 10:59:11 AM »
And I bet Jack is breathing a sigh of relief this weekend after the so-called "Hobbit killer" photos were released and everyone got their pitchforks out.

Rumour mill update: Ghostbusters to be the early 2016 release and we could even see a Spiderman VE between GoT and Ghostbusters. That would make sense with Stern doing a run of old games around Christmas time each year.

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »
Stern won't need to rush any title out to beat Hobbit. There's probably another 5-6 Stern releases before that needs to be taken into consideration...

%.% %.%

5 or 6 games that will more than likely be very underwhelming, rushed, waiting on code, full of qc issuses and more than likely 3 price rises for the same old same old. Stern being Stern!
TH is a much more appealing game regardless of when it lands in 2025.
 %$%
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re:
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2015, 12:35:33 PM »
And I bet Jack is breathing a sigh of relief this weekend after the so-called "Hobbit killer" photos were released and everyone got their pitchforks out.

Rumour mill update: Ghostbusters to be the early 2016 release and we could even see a Spiderman VE between GoT and Ghostbusters. That would make sense with Stern doing a run of old games around Christmas time each year.

No Jaws ?

Or has this title gone the way of the Muppets ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Re: Re:
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2015, 04:50:08 PM »

No Jaws ?

Or has this title gone the way of the Muppets ?
I don't know if Jaws was ever on Stern's radar or just the faithful talking about it on Internet forums hoping Stern would catch on.....I just read Pinside and make notes of the chatter from people that have been right about these things in the past. Ghostbusters was a hot topic today.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2015, 07:17:34 PM »
@all those upset at the lack of characters on the playfield
Sterns Star trek also has no character faces on the playfield, this has not harmed the gameplay or the machines popularity

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2015, 07:40:29 PM »
Iron Maiden I thought was also gathering a lot of momentum to be the next pin from Stern.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2015, 07:53:06 PM »
@all those upset at the lack of characters on the playfield
Sterns Star trek also has no character faces on the playfield, this has not harmed the gameplay or the machines popularity

But the Star Trek art worked and the machine looked great.
This GOT is like an attempt at doing a Medi Evil madness but we didn't get any Medi evil, just plain Jane madness. Lol

The vast majority of Internet traffic is saying the SR Game of Thrones is a eye sore.
Will Stern delay release and make big changes, I hope so or this will be a title that does not sell or resell for good coin.
The Premium won't be launched cause they won't easily sell the LE models n the Pro is very plain.

Can't believe SR allowed this one out of the design studio. Fugly .
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2015, 09:07:07 PM »
I think GOT Pro is copping a lot of flack for early release photos. The LE does look "busy" compared the Pro.

Artwork is underwhelming, but maybe there is scope for more detail ? Anything not "hand drawn" (after KISS / Metallica) was always going to be under heavy scrutiny.

Personally, I'd like more backglass detail on the LE, and John Snow should be featured more on a backglass. There's so much material to draw (literally) into this art package.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2015, 09:25:30 PM »
The more people bag this game, the more I want one! I love ugly boat anchors  *%*
I personally don't mind it as most pins are too busy and look like the artist threw up on them, look at KISS  %$%
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2015, 10:33:21 PM »
None of sterns games do anything for me when i look at them, but then you all knew that anway. Im still keen to play TWD though...looking at PF layout and making assumptions on game play is a crock of doo da... some of the best games are the simplest. Noone can tell whether a game s a player or not looking at a picture...playing is the only way.

In Sterns defence (please take note all you bashers of supposed Stern bashers), they pump out some 4 or 5 games a year which is a hell of an achievement. If you expect every game to be better than the last then you are ignoring the whole of pinall history. ALL manuacturers have had GREAT games...mediocre games and just plain crap games. At some point there,s a pinnacle that cannot be furthered. Sterns pinnacle will be decided once they close the doors, they may well have reached it with Metallica, or TWD etc...or... they may be yet to make it.

Its a Stern... they have a recipe they stick to that works for them. This is part of that recipe.
KISS has its faults - i like the overall look but the PF drawings of the band are just jacked....looks like a12yr old drew them to me. But KISS fans seem to like it and so its the fans of the game that decide the legacy at the end of the day.
No pinball is worth 8 or 10K in my opinion which is why i dont own a CV despite my desire.

Its a Stern pinball...its just like a Transformers which i cannot stand... LOTR is all open and looks boring but i dont mind the game at all.

Its all in the game play...pretty games often play like shit... ugly games often play like a belter.

At least it doesnt have a picture of Sly Stallone on the header!

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2015, 08:49:21 AM »
What has happened to the universe?  Die hard Stern fans turning on GOT, and Stern bashers coming to GOT's defence! *!@
This event was a prophesy being one of the seven signs of the end of the word! !*!

Yes, gameplay is the most important thing.  I still look at Tron and think that it looks like a boring playfield, yet it is a fun playing 'flow' game.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2015, 09:24:24 AM »
What has happened to the universe?  Die hard Stern fans turning on GOT, and Stern bashers coming to GOT's defence! *!@
This event was a prophesy being one of the seven signs of the end of the word! !*!

Yes, gameplay is the most important thing.  I still look at Tron and think that it looks like a boring playfield, yet it is a fun playing 'flow' game.

Ha ha ha..just when you thought the world was in order...

my point really is that its a normal run of the mill Stern game... why anyone expects anything else is beyond me

Offline mitchjjam

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2015, 11:44:25 AM »
Does anyone know what Stern's next title is?

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=13651.0

Too soon.  :lol

I would have thought Star Wars

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2015, 10:31:16 PM »

Ha ha ha..just when you thought the world was in order...

my point really is that its a normal run of the mill Stern game... why anyone expects anything else is beyond me

Game is excellent n Stern hits nother home run. Every machine Stern makes is awesume. I cn say this cause SR told me on facebook n he would never lie to his number one facebook friend.

Nyone who says otherwise is just a hater who just cant afford nice things and deffinately duzzent work hard enough like me. LOL.

Haters need to wash there mouth and tounge out with soap or sum other solevant like spray n wipe for speaking such saccraledge against all that is Stern holey.

Go team Stern. Exciting end times ahead.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2015, 02:46:59 AM »
Can I have my 3 seconds back after reading the above post.  !!@

The ten posts before it weren't dribble and were worth the read.

I did speak to Stern about Game of Thrones and specifically the playfield insert designs and choices.
The concept is that it is a neutral pathway by aprox 12 shots that all lead to different parts of the Rhelm.
The monster or various hero pictures were meaningly left off so that you pick a character on the dot matrix then you shoot various pathways/roads and go on your travels.
So the very different style of playfield art minus any characters was chosen for specific reasons which apparently become clear when you play the game.

Now that it has been explained to me, the layout n insert art n colours make a lot more sense.
So it's made me more interested than I was before it was explained by Stern.
Still not thrilled on translite or cabinet art but I will wait to see n play one in person.

It's good to see most Stern lovers n haters can be very open n honest and give feedback like Gav has which is a good read.

Got to go, I am going to wash n polish another members 140 Ferraris in Melbourne cause he is stuck behind the keyboard n can't do it himself cause his nail polish hasn't dried. Washing 140 Ferraris with nail polish on for our resident illiterate moron and comic Fangio would be n is insanity. Lol   &^&

Hope everyone else is well and enjoying life !

P. s - driving a Ferrari and typing big words from a dictionary is not safe or intelligent but is certainly worth ten laughs, just ask insanity. ;)

Back to Game of Thrones.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 02:58:48 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !