Author Topic: World Cup Soccer 94 Restoration  (Read 5307 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: World Cup Soccer 94 Restoration
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2011, 03:27:33 PM »
It is a fun game, yours came up nicely, love that gold ramp  *%*

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2011, 03:35:31 PM »
that has come up great. ^^^ i think i might go and play mine now lol

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2011, 07:35:29 PM »
Looks great! Not that I expected any differently!

I like the green flipper rubber. Suits the game nicely. I have a set of proto flipper bats that I was going to fit to my game, translucent teal to match the star posts, but after talking with John Popadiuk, they were not used in production and the ones I have would not last long - apparently not made of a durable enough material. So, they will just be a neat conversation piece.

I was thinking purple bats with green rubber, but now I'm thinking the white might fit in better than purple. Choices, choices!

I just acquired a 2nd WCS and it's shopped out and looking pretty nice. Maybe not up to my level of shop, but it's time to look over it quite closely and decide whether I recondition it and sell mine, or just sell it as-is.... the one I acquired is one the wife and I played on route while dating, and years ago, I hooked another collector up with the lead when the arcade sold it, as I was unable to afford it myself. It's passed through a few sets of hands since then, but is still every bit as nice as I remembered it.

WCS is a top 10 in my collection. Have always enjoyed it, good, clean, family-friendly title. Lots to do, good flow.

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2011, 07:42:47 PM »
Great job Nino, gold ramp looks excellent as well as the green flipper rubbers.

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2011, 10:06:34 PM »
Played one of these today at timezone and really enjoyed it. Im not a soccer fan at all but i loved how addictive it was to shoot goals and how 'busy' the playfield looked.

Looks great  ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2011, 12:32:39 PM »
Played one of these today at timezone and really enjoyed it. Im not a soccer fan at all but i loved how addictive it was to shoot goals and how 'busy' the playfield looked.

Looks great  ^^^

Definitely a fun game to play - similar to a Fishtales "fun factor". There's a kicker in the left hand side outlane that returns the ball in a direct line to the soccer ball, which (if rotating), deflects the ball into the goals (if the goalie does not save the ball). It is an amazing "play" that reminds me of the "think" mini flipper shot in Addams Family. Well designed game, and represents a lot of value for their price.

The only "Gotcha" with the Cliffy set around the saucers is that you will lose some of the power (especially in the saucer that shoots "up" the playfield). I replaced the factory (red) spring with a tighter spring and it works much better. It still "just makes" the goals. Clearly the Cliifys protect the playfield from further wear, but you do have to bend them slightly (towards the hole). The outholes are ALWAYS worn - it is an issues with the playfield wear over time, not the Cliffys. I had to replace the spring anyway, as it was weak to begin with..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline mickthepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2011, 11:27:54 AM »
The great resto work that the members of this site do never fails to impress me. Outstanding @@*

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2011, 07:24:25 PM »

Looks great  ^^^

Definitely a fun game to play - similar to a Fishtales "fun factor". There's a kicker in the left hand side outlane that returns the ball in a direct line to the soccer ball, which (if rotating), deflects the ball into the goals (if the goalie does not save the ball). It is an amazing "play" that reminds me of the "think" mini flipper shot in Addams Family. Well designed game, and represents a lot of value for their price.

The only "Gotcha" with the Cliffy set around the saucers is that you will lose some of the power (especially in the saucer that shoots "up" the playfield). I replaced the factory (red) spring with a tighter spring and it works much better. It still "just makes" the goals. Clearly the Cliifys protect the playfield from further wear, but you do have to bend them slightly (towards the hole). The outholes are ALWAYS worn - it is an issues with the playfield wear over time, not the Cliffys. I had to replace the spring anyway, as it was weak to begin with..

the best part of this game is the final match against Germany and you get the unlimited multiball for a timed period, you cant even pull the shooter fast enough, it always has a ball ready to fire into play, and you just go spastic trying to shoot goal after goal and you dont have to bother trying to keep multiball in play, you just focus on smaking the ball into goal and refiring the next ball, its crazy rapid firing and best part of the game

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2012, 05:00:25 PM »
Sitting here, thumbing through your WCS thread again as I am getting ready to restore a WCS for a local collector. Should be a fun project!

Gonna do 2 WCS back to back - one for the collector, then one for me.

Putting the finishing touches on a Congo now, to make room for the WCS in the shop!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2012, 07:00:29 PM »
Sitting here, thumbing through your WCS thread again as I am getting ready to restore a WCS for a local collector. Should be a fun project!

Gonna do 2 WCS back to back - one for the collector, then one for me.

Putting the finishing touches on a Congo now, to make room for the WCS in the shop!

I delivered this game on Sunday. The new owner was thrilled, and it is another game I've restored that he has purchased.

The new plastics and ball really set the game up well. Hopefully you will document yours so we can compare notes  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia