Author Topic: Wms Bride of Pinbot tidy up  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Wms Bride of Pinbot tidy up
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 09:49:30 AM »

Very nice Mitch !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 01:58:58 PM »
Looking good  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 12:29:03 AM »
Time for a BIG update;

Been pretty busy with this game on and off for the last few weeks, in between other jobs.

Some reassembly pics; after the mylar was done, the posts were all cleaned and refitted after the mylar had been cut where they bolt down, otherwise the mylar would lift and bubble up around the posts, I’ve covered this in other resto threads so I wont go into a lot of detail here.

In these pics, I’m disassembling the head mechanism for cleaning and checking. I checked all of the switches thoroughly, resoldered the lamp sockets and connectors etc and replaced the lamps. The three rollers that the head rotates on (on the right in the 3rd pic) were all seized, gummed up with grease so they were taken off and cleaned and degreased before being reassembled with a couple of drops of 3 in 1 oil so the would spin nicely.

Last pic showing some of the parts starting to go back on, bumper top side parts all refitted, plus rubbers and posts etc in that area.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 12:31:01 AM »
More pics; more parts going back on as they are cleaned and/or replaced as needed

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 12:33:25 AM »
ALL of the metal bumper links were broken so they were replaced along with the fibre parts as well.

Plus more reassembly pics; the left ramp had a piece broken out of it, so a new one was ordered from RTBB.  While I waited for that to arrive I did some repair/reassembly underneath the p/f , finished off the bumpers, removed, dismantled and cleaned all the sling and kicker mechs etc.

All of the gates, spinner bracket, screws and wire guides etc were polished in the tumbler before refitting.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 12:34:54 AM »
Also I replaced a couple of connectors on the coin door interface board, using crimp connectors I pissed the old IDC connectors off as they were causing some issues with the start button and the tilt switches.

I also had to replace some connectors on the power driver board in the backbox, I don’t have any pics as yet, I might add some later on to this post..

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 12:36:56 AM »
Another job I did was to clean and polish the legs, as they were just a bit rusty!!

Some Ranex and steel wool made short work of this, just dipping the steel wool into some Ranex and a bit of scrubbing took the rust off nicely! The insides at the bottom where the levellers screw in, I let these soak for a while the I attacked them with steel wool, and a small wire wheel in my drill for the more stubborn bits, the came up pretty good! After this a polish with some Autosol and they looked pretty sweet!

New leg levellers will go on when they go back on the game, the old ones were launched into the nearest bin.  :D

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 12:39:39 AM »
And today the left ramp I was waiting on arrived from RTBB

So this afternoon I fitted the new decal supplied with the ramp, fitted the switches and gates etc and installed it onto the playfield.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 12:41:25 AM »
The playfield reassembly is now complete  #*#  And tonight I got to play a few games, and after a few switch adjustments it plays pretty sweet. I waxed the mylar before I reassembled everything so it plays nice and fast… I even managed to get into the billionaires club.. so the owner has a few high scores to beat when he get is back.. :lol

All that’s left to do, is to polish  the leg bolts, regrain the lockdown bar and to make some score cards, and to play test it a bit more.  :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:43:58 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 07:46:56 AM »
Looking great as always after a bit of work!

What settings did you have it on for the making of the high scores? I played one of these at the Sydney pinball expo and couldn't lose the ball, and racked up so many extra balls that it didn't matter when I eventually did. But it was probably set to easy.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 06:04:14 PM »
Looking great as always after a bit of work!

What settings did you have it on for the making of the high scores? I played one of these at the Sydney pinball expo and couldn't lose the ball, and racked up so many extra balls that it didn't matter when I eventually did. But it was probably set to easy.

not too sure, factory settings i guess  !@#
i did set it to 5 balls though after fitting the new MPU and batteries, and made sure specs was set to 'replays' not too sure about the rest of settings as i didnt touch much else  !@#
A mate of mine has this title, and he has his set to extra ball on specs, which i think makes the game last too long..especially when i'm playing against him  :lol

Offline ausrhino

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Dalby
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 06:39:37 PM »
Looks great mate.  Nice to see all that time and effort paying off in big way.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 08:51:53 PM »
Yep looks great. I said it before, I love this game! It's definatly on my want list and it's terriffic to see such an nice example. Great job.   @@*

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 09:56:29 PM »
What a huge effort  ^^^ I bet  you will be pleased to finish this one   

well done         Howzat     

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2012, 10:04:15 PM »

Outstanding job Mitch ! It is always a pleasure to play a machine that has been worked on in great detail.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia