Author Topic: Wms Bride of Pinbot tidy up  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Wms Bride of Pinbot tidy up
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2012, 11:19:59 PM »
Thanks for the positive words guys

As mentioned previously I had to replace a few connectors, I’ll add the pics now  :D

J121 had been hacked at some stage, and when I was done doing the power driver board upgrades I replaced the J121 connector.
Also I replaced a couple of the switch connectors to the MPU board as I had tracked down some intermittent switch issues to these connectors, so once again I pissed of the IDC type connectors in favour of crimp connectors. All other connector seemed fine so they were left alone.

Another thing that was necessary was to repair the disappearing post that holds the ball(s) on the left wire ramp. The coil mounting bracket which is also the guide for the top of the post itself was totally worn out where the post goes through. And here is a pic of how I decided to repair it (3rd pic). I simply cut the worn top section of the bracket off completely, and fabricated a new piece that screws into the playfield. The post now works properly with no side to side movement of the post itself, and works much better than it did before! The new metal piece is thicker metal than the original bracket material so should last longer.

All of this was done over a week ago, but I neglected to get some pics when I actually did the work, hence why I’m adding them now #@#

And this afternoon I printed up some new instruction/pricing cards, and added mylar over them for added protection.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 11:24:47 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2012, 11:29:16 PM »
Yesterday afternoon I polished the leg bolt heads and bolted the legs on. Notice I have made some cab protectors from black protective adhesive felt, bought from Bunnings.. works a treat and hides the cab damage!

I spent the last couple of evenings play testing and fine tuning as needed, everything now works as it should.
The game is now complete and ready to go back to its owner  #*#

EDIT; I went to look at three machines this afternoon for Port Pacific Resort in Port Macquarie that they want repaired, an Addams Family, Jurassic Park... and ANOTHER Bride of Pinbot!!!! the JP and TAF had some pretty major issues so both will be brought to me for repair/overhauls... so it looks like i'll be working on another BOP soon..  #@#
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:58:46 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline greenechidna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • straight down the guts
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2012, 09:38:09 AM »
Nice to see another one come off the workbench Mitch. Great job as usual.

One thing i think Pinfest is going to do is send more work your way as more old, abused machines start coming out of the woodwork to get the full treatment. You guys are a limited and valued commodity.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2012, 11:10:25 AM »
Nice to see another one come off the workbench Mitch. Great job as usual.

One thing i think Pinfest is going to do is send more work your way as more old, abused machines start coming out of the woodwork to get the full treatment. You guys are a limited and valued commodity.

Cheers Andy  ^^^ hoping to be able to take one of my own games to the next Pinfest, to show people what i do  *%* but if you end up taking your two games i sold you next time, would be good to have several there that i worked on... the more the merrier  :D

Offline aristi69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 08:45:38 PM »
looks good this is 1 machine i want..... *%* *%* *%*

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria