Author Topic: Charlies Angels Restoration  (Read 7801 times)

Offline Brettski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast, Queensland
  • Since I Was A Young Boy I Played The Silver Ball!
    • Strikes and Spares Restoration
Re: Charlies Angels Restoration
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2016, 08:33:43 PM »
Finally completed Charlie's Angels..

Really happy with how this came up, here is a pic.. will post some more pics and a video tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's support and advice.

Here is a tip for anyone wanting to make budget stencils..

Prepare the artwork outlines in Photoshop at the correct dimensions, you can either trace or scan the artwork from your cabinet first. Then save the images and print out using a program like Poster Printer ( http://www.ronyasoft.com/products/proposter/ )
Stick all the pieces together and then cut out your shapes with scissors.
Get some plain white vinyl from a local sign printer and overlay your paper stencils and using a marker pen trace the outlines onto the vinyl.
Using a scalpel cut out your shapes in the vinyl and you now have your stencil ready to go.
Get a can of spray adhesive and spray one side of your vinyl stencil, let it sit for a few minutes then position on your cabinet. (Do Not Peel the Backing from the Vinyl)
Run your finger around all the edges of the stencil then spray paint it, immediately after spraying remove the stencil. Make sure you mask up everything properly. :) If you let the paint dry properly on the stencil after removing it you can flip it and use re use it on the other side.

Graffiti / Mural  artists use a particular paint for their artwork which is high pigmented and covers really well and works brilliantly on stencils and looks great on Pinball Machines.. Look for Ironlak or Loops, these two are the best brands to get. Only $8.00 a can and you can get a range of nozzles to suit your work.

If anyone has any questions regarding my techniques or products I use please ask..

Now that is done what am I going to do now? Looks like it's time to look for another project machine, would really love a close encounters if I am to do another system 1 but would really like to do an EM, something like Jetspin, Golden Arrow, Eldorado, Buccaneer or similar.. :)

Cheers: Brettski... :)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 08:56:25 PM by Brettski »