Author Topic: Small business  (Read 481 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Small business
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 10:29:11 PM »
!*!and the food industry, would have to be one of the hardest businesses/trades of them all to make a dollar. so dam expensive to operate with small profit margins. I remember when i was a 12 yr old kid, and a oldman wheeler dealer gave me some advice about being an Entrepreneur. He said the following >

"you can sell one thousand ice creams and make a dollar a icecream, but you have to buy the stock, keep them refrigerated, find somewhere to sell them from, pay a person to stand behind the counter, and u can then make some money but it will be slow, hard work with lots of hassles, or u can just sell the icecream making machine to someone and make a thousand dollars on the sale and not have all the hassles and make the money in a ten minute period".

I decided to sell ice cream machines all my life ,so to speak.  Being a salesperson paid on performance, or a buyer and reseller, or a wheeler dealer, whatever u want to call it, is the way to make money today if u want to be your own boss  ^^^

Gonna get even harder to be in the food industry once July comes and the carbon tax hits... pre cooked food will be expensive to cook and expensive to buy