Author Topic: Price check: Teriminator 2 in very good condition  (Read 351 times)

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Price check: Teriminator 2 in very good condition
« on: April 09, 2015, 06:57:06 PM »
Guys,
What do you reckon the going rate is for a decent Terminator 2? Not reconditioned but well-cared for, fully working.
Cheers.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Price check: Teriminator 2 in very good condition
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 07:09:03 PM »
Prices for this machine vary from state to state dramatically.

Machine in good overall condition working $2500 to $2750.

Machine redecalled and immaculate in every way home restored $3500.

Anything in between $2750 upwards.

From a real professional restorer with new cabinet decals and clear coat playfield n new plastics n new legs plus no expense spared, just your dream machine $4500 to $5500 to make it your holy grail machine.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 07:21:43 PM »
I sold a very tidy one around 2 years back shopped with clear coated playfield to a member for $2700. With today's prices I think $3200 to $3500 tops would be realistic for that machine but as I said it was very tidy.
On a side note I brought it as it was a machine that I had great memories of playing on site back in the day. After owning one it didn't live up to my expectations/memories and I grew tired of it real quick. I ended moving it on after a very short time but that said there are a lot of people out there who have a lot of love for t2. It is a good looker...each to there own I guess.

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 07:42:13 PM »
Thanks guys - that gives me a good ballpark. Seller won't go below $3,100 - tidy but not very tidy so I think he wants too much. Will wait & see if it's still around in a few weeks. Thx SJ for yr insight - might go & play a few more games to make sure I'd  really be happy with a T2. Cheers - appreciate it.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 11:02:26 AM »
Your thread says    in very good condition

I would have thought  3k   sounds about right

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 12:58:22 AM »
I certainly don't think he's too far off - & these things don't seem to be getting cheaper - but it's not at the level of a clearcoated playfield & I'm taking sj's double use of "very tidy" as somewhere between very good & excellent. Playfield is very good, not excellent. I won't be surprised if it sells - but if still there in 2 weeks I'll be back with an offer just sub $3k. Was interested to see pinside ranks T2 above demo man (60th versus 75th I think) - so T2 must have a few fans.

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 07:15:22 AM »
Hi Andy
Found the link to the one I sold for you to use as a comparison.
http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=9975.msg129787#msg129787
The fault turned out to be a wire that had come away for a solider joint and was fixed in 2 minutes before the sale. Was 100% with no faults.
My advice is if you really want it don't loose it over a couple of hundred dollars you'll be kicking yourself later on. Put it in perspective a meal out at a nice restaurant will cost you more.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 07:21:55 AM by spacejam0 »

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 09:38:35 AM »
I would say the price is fair, you would struggle to get a good one under 3 anymore..
A mate in Qld sold one a month ago for 3400 in good overall condition with a couple of mods.
As I've owned one for quite a few years myself I've kept an eye on their price and they've crept up like most titles in the last couple of years.
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 10:02:13 AM »
$3000 plus these days. Used to be $2600-$2800, but they are harder to get in good condition.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
Re:
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 03:37:57 PM »
You try and find ANY DMD pin for less than 2.5k..  today's market and as you describe he'll get his 3k easily..

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Thanks all for input - spcly sj for pics. It wasn't as good as yours (but close). It's gone already - $3,350.