Author Topic: German containerload for sale?????  (Read 1018 times)

Offline wonder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
Re: German containerload for sale?????
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 09:57:20 AM »
I honestly think it is not as hard as every one makes out,
to actually get a container into Australia.
As far as i am concerned it is important to get a very good customs broker
and he should just about take care of everything as long as all the paper work is intact
Finding a good reputable seller who is not going to rip you is the hard part

+1
You get the right people to do there job ,and it makes your job so much easier.Got just one pinball coming in from USA at the moment and the broker/shipper have been fanatic.Done nothing and so far and all looking good,should arrive in about two weeks.Cost very good.
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 10:56:45 AM »
I honestly think it is not as hard as every one makes out,
to actually get a container into Australia.
As far as i am concerned it is important to get a very good customs broker
and he should just about take care of everything as long as all the paper work is intact
Finding a good reputable seller who is not going to rip you is the hard part

+1
You get the right people to do there job ,and it makes your job so much easier.Got just one pinball coming in from USA at the moment and the broker/shipper have been fanatic.Done nothing and so far and all looking good,should arrive in about two weeks.Cost very good.

It's not here yet - on your floor! Come and tell us all after you have it..........
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »

You are correct, wont be happy untill i have it in my hands.But SO Far all good.It has landed just weighting on a phone call to come and pick it up then i let you no what my cost was.

It's not here yet - on your floor! Come and tell us all after you have it......../quote]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:59:00 AM by wonder »

Offline morrie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 11:36:21 AM »
Gee this place is turning to crap with a few over opinionated peeps
I have imported many a container with the right people on the job it is not a problem you just have to foot the bill
Obviously no one else can be a 100%correct @.@, caveoftreasures how about pulling your head out of the sand
and have a look around there are plenty of other people in the pinball industry
Also you seem to be the only one holding a grudge with your smart ass comments about the other forum,get over it

"whatareya"tism

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 12:18:19 PM »
I have imported many a container with the right people on the job it is not a problem you just have to foot the bill
Obviously no one else can be a 100%correct @.@, caveoftreasures how about pulling your head out of the sand
Also you seem to be the only one holding a grudge with your smart ass comments about the other forum,get over it

"whatareya"tism

I think it is very wise that anyone considering importing ANYTHING is fully aware of the problems and pitfalls - I also think it is very foolish for some to be offering advice like "it's so simple - just do it - nothing ever goes wrong" - HA! I can cite many examples of how a small silly thing can ruin your day when it comes to importing. I bring in an average of six X 20' containers a year and have done so for many years.

I still have the occasional 'issue' - it is NOT all beer and skittles and offering advice that implies you will never have a problem is very short sighted.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 01:33:26 PM »
A bit of a generalisation don't you think cobbber? So I'm curious, how is the forum turning to crap?

Offline morrie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 01:40:21 PM »
I still have the occasional 'issue' - it is NOT all beer and skittles and offering advice that implies you will never have a problem is very short sighted.

I never offered advise that implied you will never have a problem
What i said was, if you get the right people for the job(a good customs broker) it is not that hard to get containers into Australia
My advise to the op is keep your money in your pocket
If you are looking to import pins don't rush out and get a container
work with someone who you think is a reputable dealer and start small maybe import 6 to 10 pins
which can often be harder as you are importing loose cargo
Find a good broker and if all go's well try again on a larger scale
Homepin i agree with you there is a lot to consider when machines finally arrive (storage,place to work on pins)
I found this to be a lot harder than actually getting the containers

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 01:41:51 PM »

"whatareya"tism

I think it is very wise that anyone considering importing ANYTHING is fully aware of the problems and pitfalls - I also think it is very foolish for some to be offering advice like "it's so simple - just do it - nothing ever goes wrong" - HA! I can cite many examples of how a small silly thing can ruin your day when it comes to importing. I bring in an average of six X 20' containers a year and have done so for many years.

I think it is great to hear the positives and negatives before undertaking the import of a container - same thing as buying your first Car. I know I asked a few people and I'm sure it saved me a few headaches. I know I'll be doing a few things differently on my next container - and using another Freight Forwarder will be the first change.

Those that import multiple containers (of whatever) will have the experience behind them, and for them, it is routinely simple - but they are still subject to the same mistakes that can be made by the supplier or the destination port.

It all comes down to experience. Be prepared to put some hours (and your back) into it.  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 01:50:40 PM »

"whatareya"tism

Someone didn't have their weeties for breakfast. :lol

I think the biggest problem you get is making sure you get the machines you wont,not what they want to put in your container.It helps if you have a open and honest communeation with your suppler as well.This machine that i have coming is the third one i have done and there is no way i was going to find it in Australia, at the price i could get from overseas.

You only have delays and stuff up when you try and take short cuts and do your HOMEWORK. ^^^
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:36:53 PM by wonder »

Offline morrie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 02:11:06 PM »
A bit of a generalisation don't you think cobbber? So I'm curious, how is the forum turning to crap?

O K creech i dont wont to get into a argument here but you asked
and you can delete my posts if you want
But this is how i see it
Most of the people that where here at the start have come crawling back to AA and no longer post
here as much as the did
There seems to be some sort of fall out with the site sponsors so guys like Markc are not posting as much as they use to
You try to put your opinion across and you get the same no'alls  trying to shoot you down
A classic example of this is the container day in the west thread. What the f**k did that thread have to do with Markc
There is no animosity over on AA about this site that i have read but on this site there is still some dicks that like to take a shot
I could be wrong but i think the post count is getting less and less not growing like it should be ( you probably have statistics to prove me wrong so lets just say the posts are less interesting)
Thats about it for now
I could be wrong on all counts but this is just the way i am seeing it
Creech when you were on the other site and had a few confrontations with sponsers i allways posted what i thought
whether it contradicted you or wayne so i will do the same here
These are just my opinions no one has to agree but instead of arguing or trying to defend anybody how about just taking them on board

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 02:48:13 PM »

But this is how i see it
Most of the people that where here at the start have come crawling back to AA and no longer post
here as much as the did
There seems to be some sort of fall out with the site sponsors so guys like Markc are not posting as much as they use to
You try to put your opinion across and you get the same no'alls  trying to shoot you down
A classic example of this is the container day in the west thread. What the f**k did that thread have to do with Markc
There is no animosity over on AA about this site that i have read but on this site there is still some dicks that like to take a shot
I could be wrong but i think the post count is getting less and less not growing like it should be ( you probably have statistics to prove me wrong so lets just say the posts are less interesting)
Thats about it for now
Creech when you were on the other site and had a few confrontations with sponsers i allways posted what i thought
These are just my opinions no one has to agree but instead of arguing or trying to defend anybody how about just taking them on board
Why would I delete your post? It's just an opinion, you are not defaming anybody... !@#

Anyway morrie, I respect what you are saying but the thing about no animosity towards this site is BS. It's very real! If you don't think it's real then you have your head in the sand.

If people don't wish to post here any longer it's there prerogative. I know for a fact we have not done anything consciously to upset them. If the content here is less interesting than it was, how come I still get 2 pages of unread posts when I check the site in the morning? How do you measure "less interesting"? I'm all ears.

So I take it that people who take pot shots at AP are dicks as well or don't they fall into the same category?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 03:40:23 PM »

But this is how i see it
here as much as the did
Thats about it for now

With all due respect, I'm listening (and I'll keep doing so), but I don't quite understand how this thread has raised the issue of forum vs forum and Sponsor vs Sponsor.  Was this triggered by the "Container Day in the West" thread ? I've just re read the thread and it seemed to be running fine until there was some words between two members regarding a member's comment about "only buying from MarkC". There were a couple of return serves and a "container emptying challenge" issue - which looked like good humor. So I "think" I understand where you are coming from, but looking at the altercation, there were some blows from both "parties".. I thought everyone would move on..

The "post count" is not what defines this site and there are other sites with many more members and posts than here. I'm not lowering myself to taking pot shots at other forums as it is a dead issue for me. It may still be happening, but I certainly don't give any time worrying about it. As history has shown - it sometimes comes from any individual who is a member of both sites.

Here's the stats you were asking for;

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?action=stats

Compare December 2008 to 2009 as an example because it is the busiest month - Increases in ALL AREAS - Topics, posts, threads... etc..

If sponsors or members choose to post more or less, then that is entirely up to them. Members flow between sites and forums, crack the shits with other members, have disagreements with mods, sell of their collections, stop buying from dealers etc etc.. We cannot control that, and ASSUME, that if the "report post to moderator" is not used, then most things are going sweet.

I hear you morrie - Not sure of how to fix it - but you are more than welcome to PM me if you have any concern(s) further to what you have expressed on this thread.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 04:49:07 PM by Strangeways »
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 07:29:47 PM »

Nope im still here as i have been from day 1, havent crawled anywhere to or from. I dont post as much as i used to cos im too bloody busy, but i read the posts ( some of them)

There are members who are well known for chucking a tanty and leaving both forums, they do it regularly and its best to just ignore and let them get on with it - i wouldnt put too much kudos into this if i were you.

Now then...... bringing that container in......  &&

Offline Damien

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 07:34:44 PM »
hello all,

i feel i started the container empty thread with the boys in WA.. it is ment in fun..
we always did it with timezone staff around australia.. we would issue a challenge.. fastest store opening..

quickest machine install.. being a  tech first and a owner second, keeps me drivin.

if i upset the WA guys.. im sorry.. but it is still on when the container arrives.. if thats ok..

I have spoken to the guys at AA and on AP and they are about pinball not politics.

I have always said if im invited to a meet in QLD or WA , Mark or myself or both will try and be there for the big ones.

The only problem is I am really busy.. work and family take up allot of time.. struggling to have a game of pinball but my 5 year old loves a game of BK2000.. ( seeing it is the led test game/ so bright)

damien

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 08:10:34 PM »
MORRIE, my comment on the container thread was a polite tounge in cheek comment simply saying that I support Mark c and my comment was not meant to offend you or anyone else. To think anything else is just absurd. You support anyone u like and i will do the same. Good honest competition is healthy and a bit of fun. Thats all it was. example- when u watch a tv show called Biker Build Off, they send each other a gift or a competitive message for a bit of fun. Do they kill each other when they meet claiming disrespect. NO. Get real.

There is no conspiracy theory here about the other forum or anyone on it. Perhaps you have lost your sense of humour or never had one to start off with.

Secondly, I do not have my head in the sand about importing anything. Why you would even suggest i have is beyond my understanding.
Have you just come over to this forum to pick a fight. It would seem so.

Like Bambi said, if u have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. We discuss Pinball here and the fun of it all. We do not character assasinate other members, however, the occasional disagreement is normal but done with respect. I do not claim to be perfect and i always apologise if i say anything that is taken incorrectly. I had my days of stirring the pot about decals. Those days are over. I just try to fit in with a batch of top blokes who are all positive n friendly.

Comparing this forum to the other is your business. But getting on here and picking a fight will only create enemies.
I have always said, speak to people with typed text like u would if u were standing in front of them.

I suggest u go back to the other forum you are so fond of and pick a fight over there. We are happy talking pinball over here.
No further correspondence shall be entered into.  %$%
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:41:55 PM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !