Author Topic: Pinball Finder for the iPhone  (Read 328 times)

Offline andrew (nob)

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Pinball Finder for the iPhone
« on: January 04, 2011, 12:35:17 PM »
Hi,

I didn't see this when I did a search on the forum, so I thought i'd make all iPhone owners aware of the Pinball Finder app.

http://www.jeremybunford.com/pinballfinder/Home.html

Find a machine in a public place and use the pinball finder app to announce it to the world.
Looking for a machine? It will tell you what machines are near you, and their condition.

Unfortunately since it's 'crowd sourced' there are very few machines in Oz. I think one of my friends is the only person in Oz currently using it, so the only machines listed are around the Newtown area.

If you've got a compatible iPhone download it and lets populate it's database!
(I don't have an iPhone myself, or are associated with the app, but it looks like the only reason i'd consider an iPhone)

andrew

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Pinball Finder for the iPhone
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 01:12:52 PM »
Hmmm, just loaded it but while I have an icon, it seems to launch and just shut down.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline andrew (nob)

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 02:29:33 PM »
I dont have an iphone, but my friend told me it requires iOS4, but doesnt work on the iPhone 4 yet.....

I have definitely seen it work & from what i've heard the author is good at getting back to you) since he's a pinfreak.

andrew

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 03:28:08 PM »
That explains it. My operating system is prior to that, and I don't normally update firmware and particularly won't on this phone as its a PoS anyway, and I know a few who have caused grief to their iphone by trying to update!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline flipperman

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 03:49:08 PM »
I have a 3GS and updated to 4 and it works perfect, i'll give the app a go and thanks for the info.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 11:05:22 PM »
I went into the app store today and downloaded this free app, man its great, ill be adding every pinball i come across. its bloody fantastic and hope every one here with a iphone or ipad do the same, the more added the better this app will be. ive added two sited pins already to it, it also works with ipdb, so if you find a pin in the area you are at you it has the pin listed and you click the title and it will give you ipdb info. its great. and if you find a pin at your location, it will auto add the address from your possition, you just add the title, also enter the current high score on the pin. you can also add the condition of the pin. and it doesnt matter where you are it will look for the nearest pinball from your location. really cool

to get the app just search for pinball finder

ps you guys are only running updates prior to ios4??? wow its over ios5 now. plus updates save your data from your phone so you dont loose your phone data, like doing a pc backup. my missus iphone died the other day, she got a new phone under warenty, thought we would loose everything but it all restored like the old phone. any iphone will update to the latest ios if not download the new itunes
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:14:24 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 02:50:44 PM »
I found Pinfinder to be better! just saying...tried them both that's all
.....something witty here

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts: