Author Topic: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - 55 - RaptorLawyer  (Read 3781 times)

Offline RaptorLawyer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • Sekured custom sneakers
Re: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - 55 - RaptorLawyer
« on: January 20, 2010, 02:56:04 AM »
I will add one thing though.

Sometimes it can be difficult being this age and trying to get involved in a hobby where you aren't quite within the 'norm' section of the bell curve in terms of demographic.

Some of the issues i have dealt with so far:

- Things like machine transport - not having a vehicle large enough to transport a machine then being charged nearly double the rate to hire a ute/truck because you are on P-plates.
- Dealers (not members of this site) that have ignored 7 or 8 voice mail inquiried/failures to call back to phonecalls in regards to machine availablity or parts.
- Going to meets/pinball events and having people think you are someones child! haha
- Going to view a machine that was up for private sale and being told I couldn't inspect under the playfield or run some tests cos 'you need to be a professional to look inside'
- Obvious things like limited funds and space due to study/work.

So while its amazing to be part of this community and you guys have been nothing but patient, helpful, welcoming and informative there are still difficulties for those looking to get into the hobby. The above reasons are also why the rate of pinball play to socializing is quite high at meets. I dont get to play as many machines as i'd like!!! haha

This may sound like a rant but i am greatful for every one of my experiences as they have all been lessons and spurred me on to learn more about the great history and future of this wonderful past time.
Kill each-other nicely please.