Author Topic: Looking into restoring my Data East - Star Wars  (Read 13832 times)

Offline Dimsims

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Bass Coast, Vic
Re: Looking into restoring my Data East - Star Wars
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2014, 12:13:37 AM »
I'm pretty happy the way its come up with the wax, I've done a layer over the whole cab and 2 layers on one of the sides.
Ill finish doing the second layer and hopefully with a third layer, I wont see anymore paint coming off when waxing off.

I had a closer look at the coin door and noticed it has the wrong coin mech, you can see its mounted behind the door.
This is a picture before the cab was pulled apart:

I did a bit of research and found the right one that's supposed to be there and thought to myself "I've seen one of them around before"
Went out to the garage opened up one of my arcade machines (where I had seen a face plate before, sitting on the floor of the cab),
picked it up and it was the exact one I needed   $#$
Its only the face plate with no mech or anything, but will do for now until I find a complete one.

It also has no coin return flap to cover the hole, so ill make a cover out of steel and mount it behind, just so ya cant see inside the cab.

I haven't painted the coin door as yet, just gave it a quick clean, was actually thinking of getting it powder coated black ?
Has anyone here done that before ?
I have a few things going in for powder coating soon, so it wouldn't cost anymore to get this done  *)*