Author Topic: Dutch Pinball - 1st Pinball - The Big Lebowski Pinball  (Read 19569 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I think the game looks BRILLIANT although I confess to knowing nothing about the theme.

Using a PC WILL cause the owners of these MASSIVE problems in a few years time. A PC is NOT designed nor is it suitable for this work. It is used as a cheapskates way of building a very SHORT LIFESPAN product.

Let's see how they are all going in a few years and just how easy it will be to swap the mainboard when the RAM/Power Supply/Micro/BIOS/Drives and possibly even the USB/other ports/IO are all DIFFERENT!! Try loading the current operating system onto your replacement mainboard.......it isn't going to happen!!!

People will be scrambling to buy up old PCs to swipe the mainboard from (if in fact they are still functional anyway).

Big BIG mistake IMO.

Stern have got it right as did WMS all those years ago - how simple is it even for a reasonably unskilled (electronically speaking) person to repair a WMS mainboard or send it out and have it repaired for $80?

I just shake my head in wonder at how so many can be deceived by this......

I'll never buy one of these or similar because of what you have mentioned Mike :) just scares the shit out of me I'll stick with the Stern or similar set up.

pinsanity can tell us how reliable his machine is that's if he buys one lol

+1

Considering I run a business, I avoid Pinball2000 games due to the PC based problems. Coming from an IT background - PCs are PCs. They are designed to be replaced after 3 months. Technology changes. I would never buy a PC based pinball.

The build on this game is VERY good, but the PC is a huge letdown.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia