Author Topic: Bally Fathom Restoration - Number Two  (Read 8173 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Bally Fathom Restoration - Number Two
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 09:53:51 AM »
I am really surprised that a white under coat is not used in-between colors to stop colors bleeding into each other.

A mate of mine did this to a Gtb Card Whiz and a Stern Wildfyre he painted, except he used GREY undercoat  *!@ *!@ *!@

When he told me he was going to do this i said DONT DO IT!! but he did it anyway..  @.@ well.. because he used grey, it dulled the red he used.. it looks maroon rather than red, he put the paint on so thick it still bled in places, and just as i thought would happen when i looked at his wildfyre closeup it had patches of grey around the stencilled paint  *!@ Card Whiz turned much better in this regard but the paint is still very thick on the cab, it bled in a few places but i ended up polishing most of it out and touching it up for him. It was about the dumbest thing i'd seen anyone do to a pin!!

Now this guy was a house painter by trade and thought he knew everything about painting, he's really good with a paintbrush but put a can of spraypaint in his hand.. it was like giving a can of paint to a chimpanzee  %.% %.% he had bought Gav's stencils for Wildfyre and totally ruined the job because he tried spraying enamel over acrylic (something else i told him NOT to do) the paint bled under  @.@ Of course the stencils were ruined and couldn't be reused, he ended up making cardboard ones.

Nino sorry for the hijack, but i just HAD to share this story after reading Jim Jam's post. Thought the story might give you all a laugh!!

Fathom is looking STUNNING btw
Top notch as usual  @@* @@* @@*
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:56:28 AM by Mr Pinbologist »