Author Topic: ########King Pin Orders are still Being taken #####################  (Read 1347 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Out of curiosity, has anyone played this machine?
Just can’t comprehend on those who are going to lay down their money on it.

SC.

No-one in this country is likely to have played one, there are none over here. I didn't play BBB before buying that either. Unfortunately all we have are the opinions of those that have (there are quite a few on RGP) and pinmame.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
posted RPG

Spoke to Gene today on the telephone after FINALLY faxing my form in--
late, but "under the wire".  He says news in 30 days.  Building two
prototypes with the new board sets they sent out to have made.  After
successful testing he will begin requesting deposits and will start
ordering the parts to actually build the machines.

Could be promising  @@*
Tony

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
Out of curiosity, has anyone played this machine?
Just can’t comprehend on those who are going to lay down their money on it.

SC.

No-one in this country is likely to have played one, there are none over here.

Thought I’d ask the question to see if there’s any extremists here who have been to the expos in America and let alone played it.
So, it’s going to cost around $7500us + ship to Australia…..expensive project.
SC.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Hey Ya Nick , just found this

&feature=related

&feature=related

There's some similar sounds to BBB , and I really like the graphics and sounds , looks like a fun games .
Hope it's makes it in to production .

Cheers Tony
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:18:03 PM by Ant68 »

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Check out how you put your initials in at end of the video and closing the scene AWESOME  ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Big Bang Bar, was a smart purchase. Very smart purchase I feel. I have never met anyone who wouldnt want it in their line up (assuming $ is no hassle).
BEAUTIFUL MACHINE. STUNNING COLOURS. (well done u lucky bastards who have one !)

Probably the nicest looking playfield/toy combination ever made.  ^^^

Re KINGPIN, Get rid of the drab colours of Kingpin, add some edgy colours like BBB and u might have another winner.
Maybe add metalic flek to all the dark colours so the playfield glitters from all different angles, and it just might just set it right off nicely.
Some people might like the dark somber colours, but i would wonder what the general feeling is about the look of the playfield ?.

Something from left field like BBB in this market could just be the answer to get sales/orders up.
Perhaps he could get STERN to help him make it to production (but we know that would never happen.lol)

Never say Never.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Hey Ya Nick , just found this

&feature=related

&feature=related

There's some similar sounds to BBB , and I really like the graphics and sounds , looks like a fun games .
Hope it's makes it in to production .

Cheers Tony

Good find Tony, thanks!

I think the similar sounds are coming from the BBB behind the KP, I could hear it starting up during the game.
Sure hope this still gets done.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Here you go Nick , happy days
From Pinside

I stopped by with some folks to talk to Gene at the Executive Plaza, where he billed himself as "The Illinois Pinball Show." Right out front and center was a stack of the Kingpin pre-order flyers. I asked him about his progress, and he said "we now have the chip," meaning that the problems he had before are now solved(?)-- he didn't sound too convincing. He went on to say that he"ll be ready to go forward before the end if the year. His wife, Georgina I believe, interrupted him to say "Oh, Gene, don't tell people a timeline. They'll be upset if you don't make the deadline!" But he insisted that he was moving the project forward now at a faster pace. The pre-order flyer also said $8000. I seem to remember a lower number ($6000) a few years ago. Anyone remember if it's always been $8000? Regardless, it would be a shame if this very cool pin never gets made.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Thanks for the update. I don't think I will be ponying up cash for this project, really can't see it seeing the light of day for a good many reasons. I'll make my mind up if and when they formerly announce it is going to proceed.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Thought I’d ask the question to see if there’s any extremists here who have been to the expos in America and let alone played it.

Yep - played it at a collectors house in LA
Serial number ONE of the originals !

Enjoyable game, my travel partner had always wanted to buy a remake if they get released ( and still does ) and therefore he spent a LOT of time playing it - and loved it......it was very fast. Put it this way, to pony up for a KP repro compared to other current releases around the same money .....I would go for this.

Cavey - for some reason , in real life, the ( agreed ) 'drab' colours of Kingpin didnt 'stand out' as an issue - MAYBE it was because of the darker theme of the game and therefore everything just 'fitted'  !@# but I honestly dont recall it being a big deal or stand out issue.

DW Drums rule !