Author Topic: Mirco AFM playfields  (Read 157 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Mirco AFM playfields
« on: October 20, 2011, 06:07:47 PM »
Has any one here installed a Mirco AFM repro playfield?

It has been 4 years since he did his second run of these, and I am wondering how an installed playfield is holding up

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Mirco AFM playfields
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 06:19:42 PM »
Me. it's holding up very well. A little more dimpling than the original playfields seem to have, but I suspect that's due to an overall wood quality decreasing over the years, but not as bad as I've seen some Stern ones.

They look very nice too, good vibrant colours. You're welcome to have a look, but I suspect you won't want to.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 06:22:09 PM »
Me. it's holding up very well. A little more dimpling than the original playfields seem to have, but I suspect that's due to an overall wood quality decreasing over the years, but not as bad as I've seen some Stern ones.

They look very nice too, good vibrant colours. You're welcome to have a look, but I suspect you won't want to.

and here I was thinking you had an original

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 06:23:52 PM »
My original is actually not too bad, its in Tim's line for a one day restoration, but I've got lots of other stuff in the queue ahead of it.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”