Author Topic: Home Insurance _ Pinballs  (Read 530 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Home Insurance _ Pinballs
« on: July 10, 2009, 04:30:02 PM »
Seeing some big & growing collections amongst this group got me to thinking to ask how many of you ‘account’ for your collection as part of your home contents insurance. Personally I always have and I recently contacted my insurer to ‘specify’ my list of games and put a specific value against each game.

The games are now listed on my Insurance Policy as a collection - it didnt cost me a cent extra.

Not sure if this topic has been raised here before – thought it might be worth mentioning as some of us could easily overlook this.
DW Drums rule !

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
Re: Home Insurance _ Pinballs
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 04:53:55 PM »
Yes mate mine are on the Home Insurance...only problem for me is giving them a list...as the lineup changes twice a week..lol..
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline pistolpete78

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 05:10:55 PM »
Was thinking about this with a couple on the way, plus my arcade machines.  Started dreading all of the crap I would have to go through, but maybe it's not that bad by the sound of it.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 05:39:51 PM »
I have them included in the content but not specific as they wanted an evaluation of them and i couldnt find anyone willing to give one so they are just down as  !@# i cant remember but there definately there

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 06:30:48 PM »
I'm with NRMA and have a special clause stating my games values as a total. They also asked to take digital photos and cut them to a disc. As Wotto mentioned the extra cost wasn't all that much.

When placing insurance on them aim high - I doubled the top end value of each game just to cover my arse

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 06:40:57 PM »
I'm with NRMA and have a special clause stating my games values as a total. They also asked to take digital photos and cut them to a disc. As Wotto mentioned the extra cost wasn't all that much.

When placing insurance on them aim high - I doubled the top end value of each game just to cover my arse

Absolutely.  You've got to allow for the restoration of these games and the cost involved too.

I've got an agreed value on my items (pins) too.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 09:10:01 PM »

get invoices  and give them to the insurance company
make sure you add yours as you have some real nice pins and you have done heaps of work to them

how many people here havent got their pins covered ??? **&

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 09:14:17 PM »

get invoices  and give them to the insurance company
make sure you add yours as you have some real nice pins and you have done heaps of work to them

how many people here havent got their pins covered ??? **&

I was until earlier this year.  Amazing how quickly collections grow and the money tied up in them...
I sat down at went over everything again - carpet, curtains, clothes, WORKSHOP TOOLS, pins, dvd collections, books, computers, software, ...I was about 50% under what I should be if I had to replace all contents.  Costing me more in monthly premiums but nothing worse than being under insured.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 09:15:44 PM »

i should add if anyone has a pin from me i can send a invoice to use .
Keith use to do valuations for insurance companies too
we are doing a quote for a customer in NSW  at the moment , for damage to his game

mark

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 09:36:57 PM »

we are doing a quote for a customer in NSW  at the moment , for damage to his game

mark

Could I get a invoice or whatever you can muster up for Frankenstein please Mark? 

I've got to get my machines listed.  I am with GIO and from memory there was some sort of hassle listing them last time I checked or the premium went up considerably.  I might be time to look at other insurance companies.

I wonder how much all of our machines put together would be worth.  I think there is something like 560 machines on the owner's list at the moment with more to be added, say 575 machines at a very conservative average price of $2000 ea comes to $1,150,000.  WOW!
Addicted to pins.

Offline bossninja17

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2009, 11:38:37 PM »
Wotto,
Thanks. I had not thought about insurance cover for my machines. I'll do something about it on Monday.
Mark
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 11:58:43 PM »
Yep got mine insured and have just put values that I believe they are worth to me. They are just incorporated into the pool for contents
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 02:43:58 AM »
It's not really something you like to think about and so I actually over looked this for awhile.
All good now though, I upped my cover to include the pins, at fairly generous values. It's hard to know what you might have to pay to replace a collection.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2009, 10:42:16 AM »

mark

Could I get a invoice or whatever you can muster up for Frankenstein please Mark? 

I've got to get my machines listed.  I am with GIO and from memory there was some sort of hassle listing them last time I checked or the premium went up considerably.  I might be time to look at other insurance companies.

I wonder how much all of our machines put together would be worth.  I think there is something like 560 machines on the owner's list at the moment with more to be added, say 575 machines at a very conservative average price of $2000 ea comes to $1,150,000.  WOW!

email the details

mark

Offline classicpinballs.co.uk

• Forum Posts:
  • Kent, England
    • Classic Pinballs
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2009, 06:44:36 PM »
Its a sensible move to insure your collection, as a fire or flood can ruin them in no time. I have my machines insured, along with the Hi-Fi and other high value items and I have also taken images of the lot, burned them to a dvd and that is kept in a fire-proof safe.

My experience with Insurers [UK ones anyway] is that they will pay out if they cannot contest anything. So, leave nothing to chance  *.*