Author Topic: Ebay Pin Photo's  (Read 127 times)

Offline SPURR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Ebay Pin Photo's
« on: February 16, 2010, 10:00:56 PM »
I'm one of those guy's that continuously check through the ebay pinball auctions and Im still seeing pins on auction with poor to nothing in the photo department.
This to me makes no sense, some of these pinballs run at the same price as a 2nd hand car. I dont know about you but if the pic's are poor I just will not bother and move on to the next add. Would you bid on a car when you live heaps away from the seller that shows you one corny picture ?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Ebay Pin Photo's
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 10:07:17 PM »

Could not agree more. EBay to me is "window shopping" while sitting on your butt. If the pictures a crap or not enough pictures are in the description - more often than not, the Pinball does not sell. At least pictures of the entire machine, playfield, backglass and the inside of the head and body. Maybe some "bling" pictures or some pictures of faults. Cost peanuts, but it all about promoting your product, attracting the buyers and encouraging bidding.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Ebay Pin Photo's
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 10:09:30 PM »
I wonder if people take lousy photos cause they are lazy and dont want to pay the extra few bucks in ebay fees OR if they are meaningly hiding a crappy playfield and a junky cabinet.  !@#

HOWEVER, having said that, i have emailed a few sellers who have then sent me a whack of great photos to my off ebay site email and the pinball machines have been bloody great. ^^^

Sometimes it pays to ask for better photos. Got nothing to lose. Those listings also dont attract many bids or buyers so sometimes its a good thing they are lazy and ya can pick up a great deal.

ENJOY THE HUNT !   ^^^  ^^^  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !