Author Topic: Paying Steve Young  (Read 839 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Paying Steve Young
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2010, 11:54:12 PM »

Western Union was the easiest method to pay, but we can thank Aussie Post for removing that option.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2010, 11:58:09 PM »
Some newsagents are Western Union agents, we have one here in Armidale that i have used to send money overseas.

You can do a search on the western Union website to find agents for Western Union in your area.

http://www.westernunion.com.au/WUCOMWEB/staticMid.do?method=load&pagename=agentLocator
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 12:02:47 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 12:03:49 AM »
Some newsagents are Western Union agents, we have one here in Armidale that i have used to send money overseas.

You can do a search on the western Union website to find agents for Western Union in your area.

http://www.westernunion.com.au/WUCOMWEB/staticMid.do?method=load&pagename=agentLocator

Can also be done online

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 09:36:50 AM »
I really can't blame him for refusing to take PP or credit cards

Quite simply - he doesn't have to as he has litte to no competition. He has the parts and if you want them then it is up to you to get the money to him.

In a modern commercial world where you may have hundreds or even thousands of competitors a vendor will do whatever possible to snare the sale - Credit cards, PayPus, Western Union, Direct deposit, Bartercard - practically anything!

This is precisely the issues that arise when you basically have a single licenced vendor and te be honest I disagree with it. An open market place would mean individual vendors would have fewer items BUT they would be bending over backwards to get your business. I'm not even sure that this kind of tight control is even legal........
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 10:09:43 AM »

Oh MY GOD!

^&^ ^&^

So after reading some replies here I go online to register at Western Union - I think F*CK it - I will pay the massive rip off $43.00 fee  @.@
So guess what  - now I cant register at Western Union - it wont accept my Credit Card , telling me it is not valid ( it IS bloody valid and I have punched it in to the WU rego site 6 times - all fail )

I am so P*SSED off right now - what a joke

So far -
Auction Chex - FAIL
Money Order- FAIL
Western Union ( with a massive fee but who cares ) - FAIL

Whats the bet when I now go the the bank later today to organise a bank transfer there will be some reason THAT wont work either
^&( ^&( ^&( !*! ^&( ^&( ^&(
DW Drums rule !

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 10:41:17 AM »
Im pretty sure thats the reason the post offices got rid of western union, I tried paying by cc at 2 different post offices, both times they woulnt work  ^.^ and it was a real time waster for the post offices, ended up paying cash till they done away with it.
pinballaustralia.com

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, 10:53:40 AM »
hang on a minute... i did Western Union payment to China only a month ago... was a bit more paperwork than newsagent, but i did actually do payment there.

Are you sure Aus Post wont do Western Union??? I can do it right here in brisbane

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2010, 11:26:27 AM »
hang on a minute... i did Western Union payment to China only a month ago... was a bit more paperwork than newsagent, but i did actually do payment there.

Are you sure Aus Post wont do Western Union??? I can do it right here in brisbane
My small local post office still does Western Union

Offline Rod71

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2010, 12:05:13 PM »
Remember, we are talking about Aus Post dropping the Western Union International MO, not the WU money transfer service.

Best bet is to go to your local bank and cough up a 20 for the draft.  Paying 40+ to WU is just crazy.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2010, 12:28:21 PM »

Aussie Post will do a Western Union money order, but instead of costing $12 for a cheque, it costs around $28. They can do them online for you, but they take a "small" surcharge which is double the cost of going to a bank and having an International Cheque drawn. It takes the same amount of time for the Bank to write the cheque and it is cheaper.

WU is not an option for me anymore - even on big orders.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 01:00:36 PM »
Nightmare over.

I now have a International Bank Draft in my hand.
Fee was $30.00 and I need to mail - no problems with any of that.
I also now have a ‘card’ from my bank that if I need to pay him again I can present to them, saving time at the bank counter.

See- no big deal- who was complaining in this thread, who started this post  :lol :lol :lol && #@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 03:17:51 PM »
Nino, I still stand by my comment.

This business is simply too hard to deal with and thats why he has never got any of my money, yet I have spent many thousands of dollars with Marco, Bayarea and Mark C and I have always recieved every part of evey order. Yes, the postage from those 2 x USA suppliers can be $10 or $15 too much, but they operate with a 2010 business model with paypal etc etc and dealing with them is EASY.

The fact that this whole thread was started because a member has had nothing but problems (as have many other pinball peoples) just goes to show how much of a nightmare dealing with PBR still is. You can add gravy to a crap sandwich, but its still a crap sandwich.

In any event, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2010, 03:47:59 PM »
Not sure if I will ever eat a gravy sandwich again now - thanks a lot Brett  %.%
DW Drums rule !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2010, 04:13:50 PM »
This business is simply too hard to deal with and thats why he has never got any of my money,

Your decision Brett, but you do miss out on the range Steve has. I have already posted how cheap a money order is from my bank, and Wotto got one from his (albeit a bit dearer).

I actually like ordering my parts, receiving the package the following week, and **then** paying for the parts, but I'm rather odd anyway! ;)
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 04:32:03 PM »
Nino, I still stand by my comment.

This business is simply too hard to deal with and thats why he has never got any of my money, yet I have spent many thousands of dollars with Marco, Bayarea and Mark C and I have always recieved every part of evey order. Yes, the postage from those 2 x USA suppliers can be $10 or $15 too much, but they operate with a 2010 business model with paypal etc etc and dealing with them is EASY.

The fact that this whole thread was started because a member has had nothing but problems (as have many other pinball peoples) just goes to show how much of a nightmare dealing with PBR still is. You can add gravy to a crap sandwich, but its still a crap sandwich.

In any event, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  ^^^

That's fine Brett, I have no problem ordering off PBR - it is much easier than dealing with the others from my experience of ordering parts BEFORE anyone was stocking them locally.

I still remember Marco attempting to embezzle US$30 shipping for a $5 target decal. They STILL try this trick to this very day !

Marco / BAA might be great for later model (DMD), but if you ever need a part for an older SS or EM - You would have to deal with PBR. Then you will notice the difference  ^^^