Author Topic: The Joy of Pinball  (Read 199 times)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
The Joy of Pinball
« on: February 26, 2011, 09:10:26 PM »
Due to other activities crowding out the shed over the last few months, access to the pinball machines has been impossible, until recently.

Turned the Getaway on today for my daughter's party, decided to reset the high scores and change some settings back to factory default (still only 3 balls though), and had a few goes. After a few games I remembered how to play and at times I was on fire! Got some of my best scores for ages, finally cracked the Redline Mania 100 million jackpot, and overall just remembered how much fun pinball actually is.

Now I just have to get the other two machines going (one needs flipper and target bank repairs, the other has multiple issues but probably not too difficult).

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: The Joy of Pinball
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 10:52:55 PM »

+1

On my really bad days at work, I look forward to coming home and switching on the Paragon and playing a few games. Recently, I had a break from the machine while I was doing other things. I decided to crack a cold beer and switch it on for a few games. There's something about playing pins - can never put my finger on it, but it nearly ALWAYS snaps me out of a bad mood. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have pinball as a hobby.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 03:03:26 AM »
I had not played any pinball for a few weeks
Looking at somebodys 'New pin day' thread sparked something, and I just had to then spend an hour out in the shed playing

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 10:43:12 AM »
I love reading these "rediscovery" posts, they get me going too! Or when someone posts about a game I have, I need to go and play it right away.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 12:41:42 PM »
I very rarely play any of my games mainly workbench space for me  !^!

But when I'm having a shit day I might have to try ninos method

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 04:17:42 PM »
I very rarely play any of my games mainly workbench space for me  !^!

But when I'm having a shit day I might have to try ninos method

Same here.. rarely play my games, mainly coz i cant get at them for the crap they are covered in.. you only have to look at any of my resto threads to see what i mean  @.@ the only ones that get any use lately are the ones in my loungeroom   %.%

Offline PinPal

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 04:40:23 PM »
All my five pinballs are sitting there ready to be played, #*#  got them all over the house as I haven’t got enough space to keep them in one room.  !!!  Don’t play them everyday but when I first switch them on I find the first 2. Or 3. Games are the best. I play a different one each time to keep them from getting lazy or to locate eney faults. Use the old Windex to keep the glass looking good. But overall they are there to be looked at and admired,  @@*  like when I get guests over and they say (Where do you get them from)??  I love this Hobby its fantastic ^^^

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 05:05:44 PM »
I'm a bit like Mitch ... rarely have more than 1 of my games available to play as the rest are usually covered with crap , though this week I had a big cleanup and now each of them is sitting ready with a dustcover on it (except for the 2 in the resto queue)

Lately Firepower has been getting some play and one of my EM's .. I also find it puts me in a good mood when I play them .. probably because we step back in time to those stressfree days of our youth .

It sure is a great hobby to have  ^^^ .. so addicitive
I need more room ! and more $$$