Author Topic: Firepower Playfield Preorder at CPR now Closed,Cutting now!  (Read 1628 times)

Offline deadlydave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
Hi Dave,
The GI wire is coming from pinrestore, I got a set of rivet dies while I was at it. I've ordered the 1 1/8 brackets with double terminals from PBR, not sure exactly how I'm going to do this yet but was thinking of mounting an isolated tag to the bracket for diode connection, I could not find a three tag bracket same as the originals. The timber look rails were pretty tatty, so I was going to need some new vynal to cover but were also split on the end grains, I went to a local timber merchant here and ended up getting some American oak machined down, cost $40 but I've already spent a heap on this pin so I thought what the hell, lol.
Cheers
Dave

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Hi Dave,
 I've already spent a heap on this pin so I thought what the hell, lol.
Cheers
Dave

Gday Dave . Yeah I can sure relate to that .  *%*
Thanks for the insight .. I can see I will need to get my head around this a lot more .. its bigger than I thought .

I am going to need to do something about the timber rails on mine too . The Oak should look really good .

In my case I will probably be repainting the cab too .. the biggest problem I see with this project is how long my favourite game is going to be out of action  !!!  !!!

I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
For those who bought a playfield from CPR, when are you planning to install it in your game ?
Who will be 1st ?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Just starting to think about planning that now, so with my usual level of procrastination I'm thinking 2013 looks good at this stage.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
At the rate I do things, probably when I retire from work.
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline deadlydave

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
For those who bought a playfield from CPR, when are you planning to install it in your game ?
Who will be 1st ?

Underway at the moment Dave, I've been meaning to update my restore thread, I'll put some pics up tonight.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Found this link with some pics from a guy who has finished his playfield swap .

http://www.bradberryman.com/Pinball_Firepower_playfield_swap.htm

I was thinking of putting leds in mine when I do it but after seeing these pics I think it is a must do now for me.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

I was thinking of putting leds in mine when I do it but after seeing these pics I think it is a must do now for me.

I like LEDs, and have them in  a few games in certain spots - not sure I'll do every lamp, but can imagine they'll look pretty neat in this game.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline SunKing

• Forum Posts:
  • Houston, Texas
    • BradBerryman.com
Found this link with some pics from a guy who has finished his playfield swap .

http://www.bradberryman.com/Pinball_Firepower_playfield_swap.htm

$.$

A big Texas HOWDY to all my pinball friends down under!!  I noticed some traffic on my website coming from here - tracked it down to this post.  I'm glad you guys liked the pics.  ...and yeah, I think Firepower looks awesome with LED's.  Bust most importantly, the new playfield plays GREAT - SUPER FAST!!   $#$   

This is my 1st post here - but I'm having a slow day at work so I'll be browsing around to check it out.  Have a good one!