Author Topic: What a cool idea ! - Pinball Mapping on Google  (Read 171 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
What a cool idea ! - Pinball Mapping on Google
« on: April 17, 2012, 11:15:48 PM »
So I am just doing a little research for the 2013 pinball trip and I check out San Diego and discover this map !
EXCELLENT amount of detail has been put into this.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=106180704730865329034.0004636367921dc88b810&z=10

I know they have way more pins in commercial locations in the US than we have here - but just a nice way of keeping track of games
Let it load and check it out
Zoom in - check the PRICING to play as well - 50c a game #@#

@@*
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 11:20:29 PM by Wotto »
DW Drums rule !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: What a cool idea ! - Pinball Mapping on Google
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 12:19:23 AM »
Keep in mind, most of the Chuck E Cheese pins are probably landfill by now.

Recent CEC Corporate policy is typically to destroy (sledgehammer job) pins, arcades and redemptions that are past their use by date/poor earners with photographic proof of the destruction forwarded to corporate head office.

Great policy, huh.

Why not sell them off you ask? To stop people from buying up machines and opening up a competing establishment down the road with CEC cast offs.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: What a cool idea ! - Pinball Mapping on Google
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 12:13:35 PM »

Isn't it amazing once people get to the ivory tower they completely forget what happens in the real world? Let's just destroy something that we could recoup a little on to stop competitors getting it, when they could buy it from a dozen other places anyway.

Might I suppose also be because they don't want the hassle/liability etc of selling stuff they don't know anything about if there are issues, but even then, that's what second hand dealers are good for, let them collect at a wholesale price with no come back.

Dumb and dumber.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”