Author Topic: Not EXACTLY what I wanted - but still good for pinball I think....  (Read 358 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
OK - so a win for pinball in the media of sorts - I believe that EVERY little bit helps  :D

I wrote to Ben Fordham at 2GB last night in an attempt to gauge his interest in attending one of our Southern Wizard Pinball League nights in the year ahead and asked him to bring The Big Marn ( Sydney people will know this guy - Darryl Brohman who is a sports media and ex NRL legend and a funny funny b*stard)  - I know that Ben has attended listeners 'events' in the past and wondered if he may have come along one time.

Ben's assistant rang me today VERY KEEN to chat about it - and then had to go 'mid-call'

My hope was that Ben Fordham would come along, with the Big Marn , send a few hours playing pins, learning a bit and enjoying what, for him, would be a 'different' night out and at the same time see how much we all enjoy this past-time......and then the week after he would discuss our event as part of his show ( a BIG plug for pinball as the guy has something like 300,000++  !@#listeners to his drive time radio show on the number one station in Sydney ).

So I listened to the Big Marn' segment at 5.30 tonight and thought nothing would come of it - yet lo and behold when they switched to the 'listener asks the Big Marn a question' part of the show Ben starts to ask The Big Marn if he will attend our Pinball League in Wollongong and ( basically ) reads out my email which included IFPA info as well as various points about competitive pinball playing........unfortunately Big Marn said he wouldn't be attending BUT he and Ben then opened a discussion between themselves about pinball , how cool it is , their memories of it and how much FUN the pinball games are.......their 'pinball chat' went for about a minute.........THEN Ben re-mentions The Southern Wizards Pinball league and announces that he has a link to our League website on the 2GB homepage  - http://www.2gb.com/index.php?option=com_homepage&id=63&Itemid=259  -

So in the end I got the guys to discuss pinball on PRIME TIME Sydney radio which is excellent I think  @@*

I also got an email from our local paper The Illawarra Mercury today and they want to do a story about our league, pinball in general and a bit of a pic or two - so that's all good for pinball as well and i will post up once that is done

^^^
DW Drums rule !

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Good on you Wotto . Great stuff  ^^^ ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
I'd call that a Win

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Excellent work Wotto!!
Love the Big Marn and I always suspected he was a closet pinhead.
Also...Nathan Hindmarsh( league player for the parramatta eels, blues and kangaroos) loves his pins as well and he owns a very nice FT.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Yeah - I know a few of the players as we have often dealt with them through our work, NRL and Swannies as well......most of em love their toys.

I actually work side by side with Josh Morris' Mrs everyday too - thats fun  #@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
That's awesome Wotto, great promotion as well  ^^^ @@*
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Great win for the game mate, well done!  ^^^
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Yeah - I know a few of the players as we have often dealt with them through our work, NRL and Swannies as well......most of em love their toys.

I actually work side by side with Josh Morris' Mrs everyday too - thats fun  #@#

They should love toys as there is only so much cash footy players can spend on grog, tattoos and gambling... :lol
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Way to go mate!!!

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Just sent you an email you might like Gav  ^^^
And your arse is showing in your avatar damn it  #@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Missed it got home about 5pm bugger
Well done Wotto  @@*

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Nice work Wotto  ^^^ great initiative, I love the Big Marn's footy tipping segment on Today. He's a funny guy.

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
Thats a massive result for the Pinball league, Lets hope this will kick of new leagues around Oz and in time bring them all together in a yearly show to battle out the winners of each league.
Way to go Wotto.
D.

Offline shamus

• Forum Posts:
  • wollongong
great work mate ! @@*

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Great work Wotto. Maybe this could be the first step in setting up a Pinball League in Australia. IFPA needs a kick in the ass and a delegate in Australia who knows what they are doing !

Fantastic news mate  @@*
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia