Author Topic: Now THIS is a car built for speed!  (Read 8419 times)

Offline guyricho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Now THIS is a car built for speed!
« on: March 05, 2015, 02:55:53 AM »
That Blue Oval blue car looks awesome.
I am glad they did it in Ford Blue because red would have made me think it was just another red Ferrari.

One of the BEST Supercars which still remains a weapon from the 1960,s was the original race car GT-40.
I went for a ride in one on the Gold Coast down the freeway and the low to the ground racing position was unreal.
It was an original and not a replica. It was worth crazy money and the owner was almost 70 yrs of age but he still drove it like he stole it. Lol

That Blue Ford looks great. Well done Ford.

Would be good to see it in Australia maybe oneday. ?

Bowden owns the original one in Australia
He has the Biggest and best car collection in Australia

The specs on this are
Carbon body, Aluminum sub frame.
They are promising one of the biggest power to weight ratio of any Supercar to date.

It runs a super modified 3.5 litre Twin Turbo V6 mid mount engine.
Now you might be thinking v6 WTF?
Well its pumping out over 600 Rear wheel HP and some crazy amount of torque in a car weighs next to nothing.
also has a 7 speed Duel clutch Transmission.

There is no driving assist, no hybrid componentry, no kinetic-energy recovery system like most super cars have that make it easier to drive
So it might make it a little difficult for the regular yuppy to drive compared to the Ferrari's and so on.  &&
It will be straight out raw power to the wheels in a light mid mount RWD that you can either handle or you cant  !*!

It is purpose built and ford will be taking it to race in Le Mans in 2016

I dont know the top speed as I dont think they have released those details

The styling between the Ferrari above and the Ford Gt is very Similar in many aspects and i must admit that Ferrari is certainly nicer than some of the others made.
Id look twice at it

Regards Rich
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:19:03 AM by guyricho »