Author Topic: Check your Williams Flippers  (Read 3479 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Check your Williams Flippers
« on: October 09, 2012, 08:23:08 PM »
As I said in the first post ignore the lightning bolt. I am using that pic for the W only.  If your W is upside down It is more then likely the cheap knock offs from India. It will have almost no bracing underneath. I have seen a pair of each in real life and the original Williams have full bracing on them and the others that were made in India  after the License was sold off have almost none and the W was embossed upside down.

You are absolutely correct regarding the upside down W version. They have been in circulation for a few years and I remember the first "rights holder" from Australia was accepting returns/refunds on them. I would say these are from that production run (so at least a few years old)

There were reports that not only was the bracing not sufficient to hold the bat in place, but also that the plastic used for the bat itself was of a lower grade and was cracking with a strong enough ball impact (even with the rubber "shock absorber").

Now that the license has changed hands I am not sure what your chances are regarding refunds. Perhaps it will be up to the discretion of the individual retailer?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:12:41 AM by pinsanity »