Author Topic: Coconut Island Cabinet Art  (Read 53492 times)

Offline spacies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Coconut Island Cabinet Art
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2009, 11:39:56 AM »
This project has benefited from a number of freely given items and help, from a  box of parts mailed over from the US by Cliffy (who even refused my paypal payment for just the shipping!), an AFM scoop from Lloyd (which will feature in the next game), a web site created for us, a populated system 11 playfield for all the mechs we needed from Bumper... just read the Contributors tab on the site.

But this was an unexpected and very special contribution to this project, something that will add a professional touch to the initial impression of the machine. One pinball addict today said "That looks as good as anything that ever came out of Williams in the 90's". It was no faint praise either, he meant it.

We've added Spacies to the Contributors page, but another thank you here won't go astray!

So thanks Bro !!

Its all good. Like I said, I am happy to be involved just like the others.

I think all the aussie pinball community are proud of the work done to create Coconut Island, and goodonya Spacies for giving the cab the artwork it deserved!

Thanks Greg!

Unbelievable amount of work there Spacies, interesting to see how it is all done.
How many hours of work did you put in to create your masterpiece?

Like I said before, you don't wanna know bro  :lol To put it into some perspective, the monkey took about an hour  ^%^
Its pretty hard to just draw something with detail on the computer from scratch. Usually you sketch it on paper, take a photo of something or scan it and then insert that as your first layer and lock it. Then you draw over the top and tweak it so it looks right. Then you fill in the colours and tweak those. Then you muck around some more and more and more and more until you are happy.
Then the monkey is done and you start on something else.

So yeah, a lot of work so far  ^&^