Author Topic: coin door repair  (Read 359 times)

Offline pritch33

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
coin door repair
« on: March 17, 2014, 11:51:11 AM »
Hi guys
I was given a coin door (no idea what its off) on the weekend that I intend to use on a virtual pinball build.
I have stripped it down so I can sand blast it and repaint it but the plastics are less than average on it both the red coin part and the black outer frame part both at the top and the bottom of the door. Are you able to get replacements for these, are they interchangeable between manufactures?
I was possibly thinking of fitting a micro switch in behind so when you push the coin return it can be used as a button rather than using them as actual coin slots but the condition they are in I am guessing they would not last all that long.
My other option was to try and get some buttons similar to the launch buttons but in a square shape if I can find some that will cover the holes.

Thanks
Ray

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
Re: coin door repair
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 01:09:45 PM »
Pict ?
pinballaustralia.com

Offline pritch33

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 03:36:54 PM »
Pict ?

no probs will get some up tonight

Offline pritch33

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 06:08:46 PM »
some pics of the parts I am looking for

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 06:17:03 PM »
No parts required, just rub the metal back and repaint it.
Some novus 2 on the red plastics
And here are some decals to print and add http://www.pinballaustralia.com/scans.htm
pinballaustralia.com

Offline pritch33

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 06:41:09 PM »
No parts required, just rub the metal back and repaint it.
Some novus 2 on the red plastics
And here are some decals to print and add http://www.pinballaustralia.com/scans.htm

Thanks for the link and the tips, But unfortunately that is the better of the 2 sets and the other bezels are warped and cracked and I would prefer replace them if I can obtain them at reasonable prices in Australia.
The door I will remove the plate that has been welded on and I will sandblast it all and repaint

Thanks
Ray

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 02:38:35 PM »
Looks like a arcade machine door that usually takes an NRI coin mech, or you can usea mechanical one of diferent coin denominations on each coin chute. dont know if u have the holder on the back side of the door or not. also swinks may be already making patrs that u need, im not sure.as for square buttons most arcade supplys sell them.
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!