Author Topic: The Phoenix Rises  (Read 8329 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: The Phoenix Rises
« on: August 18, 2011, 12:30:35 PM »
I've started cleaning this bad boy as it needs some painting /cleaning and a general look over cosmetically-I'd love to get the legs/stand chrommed but after a quote of around $260 I decided to sand back the legs and paint them,  I thought about chrome paint but it looks like crap so i went with the silver hammer tone look and I know its not original but so far it looks good and maybe down the track I can get them chromed but for now the HT look will do and after the first coat I'm pretty happy so once theres 3 coats on and a coat of clear they hopefully will come up good/see picture below. I also put the glass brackets in the dishwasher and then while at work I used silvo and polished the crap out of them and they came up good and I also touch up the underside of the glass where some of the paint had chipped with black paint. The machine is straight out of the 70's and is as original as can be so the game will stay and I'll also sand back the the lower metal part of the cab and spray it black.

Peter