Author Topic: Whirlwind Restoration  (Read 19303 times)

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Whirlwind Restoration
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2020, 09:03:31 PM »
Bit of an update.  I have done as much as I wanted to do on the topside for now and intend to leave the rest until after I finish the underside which I have also made a start on.  Got delayed a bit when I realised I hadn't broken down the 3 bank and single drop targets and cleaned them all up.  That's all done now but I also noticed in the process that one of the opto boards was a bit munted, the connector pins were bent and broken and wires were solded directly to the board.  So I bought a new board.  The only thing is I am not sure what size trifurcon connectors to get for it, I think there are 0.100 but I'm not exactly sure - any thoughts from the pic?  I actually thought I had some in my stash but don't so I will need to order a couple.

GAP (Graeme) very kindly did all the riveting of the plastics for me plus riveted a number of pieces onto the new ramps too!!!  Did a fantastic job. Even better was I got to play some of his awesome pin collection afterwards!  I particularly liked the new Elvira game plus it was good to see the Whoah Nellie too - I hadn't seen or played one before.  I would love to be locked down in his house for 2 weeks for the CoronaVirus, I wouldn't get board with all his great games!!

I also noticed when cleaning the cellar scoops that it appears one of the welds on one of them broke.  I don't know if it happened before or possibly somehow when it was in the tumbler.  Either way I am guessing I am going to have to try and get that rewelded somehow?

I also annoyingly noticed I forgot to get the diverter for the ramp riveted. I hadn't noticed it previously as I believe mine was actually screwed on but I have a feeling it should be riveted.  I'm not sure it it would effect gameplay it it's only screwed on.

Current status:

Not sure what size trifurcon female connectors to get to crimp these so they will fit this connector:

The weld on this scoop is broken. I'm guessing it needs to be fixed otherwise it could be flinging the ball out anywhere:

Forgot to get this riveted. Anybody that has the game know if I screw this on will it interfere with the roll/flow of the ball, it's the diverter on the ramp: