Author Topic: Wms Travel Time  (Read 3928 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Wms Travel Time
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 10:45:23 PM »
QUICK UPDATE:

I decided that i was going to repaint the flouroescent pink and orange coloured areas completely, even though they look ok in the pictures from the previous posts, in real life they are badly faded as i discovered when i removed one of the timber rails. Sorry i didnt get a before pic of the area covered by the rail, where the pink finished up under, and it may not have showed too bad in a pic anyway. but trust be it was faded! Indeed looking at the before and after pics in this update its difficcult to tell the difference!

This is my SECOND attempt at the pink areas, as my first try over the weekend didnt turn out too well, so i had to take all of the paint off and start again ^&^ ^&^ the colour ended up too dark the first time, due to one or two too many coats (it looked too red rather that pink) @.@

Im using White Knight brand spraypaints for this work. With the fluoro paint it is neccessary to apply a white basecoat first, to ensure maximum brightness and a good even coverage. So after sanding the pink areas with 400 grit wet&dry paper and windex, and wiping down with Prepsol and cloth, i then masked off the the pink areas using clear Contact book covering and cut out the areas to be painted with a scalpel. 2nd pic shows the white sprayed on and before removing the contact, and 3rd pic shows after contact removal. some small divots and hollows were filled at this stage with white paint, just dabbing it on with a toothpick into the hollows, which would be blocked sanded out later when dry.

4th pic shows the area after sanding with 400 grit wet&dry and windex and masked off for the fluoro pink.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:08:31 PM by Mr Pinbologist »