Author Topic: Hi from Melbourne  (Read 1722 times)

Offline joele

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Hi from Melbourne
« on: January 10, 2013, 12:48:36 AM »
Well I am pretty new to this but got started off fast..

I have a

Indian Jones - Grabbed the following week from Chris (pinball medic) it has been great, really nice pin.. I have put in ruin LED mod and full playfield LEDs (noflix ones with capacitors that are really nice, not too strobe like), and also a LED DMD (no annoying humm and nice and bright)

Fish Tales - Got for 2k from someone who neglected it, actually not too bad, better than the TFTC really, will be using this as a project, put in new flippers, rubbers, few minor soldering repairs e.g. to topper which is now 100%, LEDs going in with green LED DMD and will put new cab decals on, need to look into possible cleacoat as going to replace a few insert decals..
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:48:12 PM by joele »
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: Hi from Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 12:54:17 AM »
 $.$%)%
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 01:41:48 AM »
Welcome aboard, nice collection there!

Offline oldpins

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane North QLD
    • oldpinballs.com
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 07:13:58 AM »
 %)% Joele !

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 08:13:37 AM »
 $.$ And  %)% Joele.

Your not the Lone Ranger with your first pin dealings. That's the great thing about this forum, there's lots of good guys willing to give time and good advice when it comes to purchasing and repairing machines. You'll also find that once you've posted 20 times here you will have access the the Pinball Trader section where you'll see members machines for sale and with honest descriptions!

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 08:34:25 AM »
where you'll see members machines for sale and with honest de******ions!

Lol.
Welcome Joele.
SC.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 08:46:44 AM »
Welcome Joele.  Its almost a right of passage to get diddled by a dealer on the first game!  You'll find lots of help here.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline noj472

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat, Victoria
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 09:24:14 AM »
 $.$ Joele,

Sorry to hear about that on your first pinball. I'm looking at getting my first pin very soon and thought I'd be buying it from a melb dealer until I read a few posts here. You will find a lot of a info and friendly help here *%*

All the best with your collection!

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 11:44:51 AM »
Sorry to hear about that on your first pinball. I'm looking at getting my first pin very soon and thought I'd be buying it from a melb dealer until I read a few posts here.

Yeah well I am still negotiating with them regarding misleading advertising so not going to name, post pictures or details until that is over and if they don't meet their legal obligations to refund when deceptive practices have been used, forcing me to go to VCAT, then it is open season..  ^&^

My advice either get someone who knows pinball to check it over for you, or buy from a reputable person on a forum like this..

Once you have one or two or three LOL, you VERY quickly learn what you are looking for and when sellers are being dishonest...

Thanks everyone for the welcome...
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 01:07:23 PM »
Thanks for not naming the dealer, we try and avoid too much controversy here. I am aware of the game and the des-cription, and I'm sure they will make it right if they have integrity.

Let us know the outcome.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 01:42:12 PM »

$.$ Joele and  %)% to Aussie Pinball.

Sad to hear you were unsatisfied with the level of "restoration" on the game you have purchased. Unfortunately, I'm hearing more and more stories like this from the usual suspects. You will find that there is an abundance of help and advice on this forum to lead you in the right direction. Thanks for not naming the Dealer - we would rather leave that off this forum.

Good to hear your next two machines were a better experience for you. Enjoy the forum !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 02:35:05 PM »
Welcome aboard AP is by far the best forum with guys who just love pinball, where in Melbourne are you?

Peter

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 02:48:13 PM »
if they have integrity.

mmmmmm  !!@  

anyhow, thanks all for the warm welcome, will post some mod pics up from indi, and should do a restore diary for the fish tales (though already done a few fixes).. It was a miracle the playfield was so good in the Fish Tales I got, the left flipper was only screwed in on one end and just got stuck and didn't move (thankfully they just weren't playing it, saving the playfield there), easily fixed, actually almost all the non-working issues were easy, resolder some wires, fix a few switches, one plug needed replacing that stopped the resetting issue (chris did help me on that one, he checked over boards and said they are all very good too), obviously needed a lot of globes, new rubbers and flipper rebuild and works 100% now.. Decals are actually in great shape, but completely faded so new ones on order..
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:50:51 PM by joele »
-----

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 03:10:05 PM »
if they have integrity.

mmmmmm  !!@  

Lol!! I'll be keen to hear if they have sufficient to make this good - always good to hear when a dealer makes good - hopefully that will be the case for you.

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 04:07:01 PM »
well actually last email from 'them' seems more promising, they may yet make good..

GORGAR 1 (Peter) - Viewbank (just near Heidelberg)

Joel
-----