Author Topic: Gottlieb Free Fall High End Restoration  (Read 9157 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Gottlieb Free Fall High End Restoration
« on: July 27, 2021, 10:21:54 PM »
This machine has progressed a fair way since the last update, so it might be a little "erratic", but I won't post everything at once.

The cabinet hardware was next in line and we want the old parts looking as new as possible, so a lot of the work was done re-plating, which as I've mentioned before, I do "in-house". I have the process well advanced than when I started, but it can still be a challenge with some older parts that are too big for the bath. The door is something I like to start with because the skin is available from PBR, so everything on the inside must be perfect !

Here is the inside of the door ;

The NEW parts from PBR are all set out and ready to install once the inside parts have been plated ;

The Chimes need a fair bit of work as well !

The Credit Assembly has some rust. These thicker parts are easier to plate and always look great when plated ;

It is always a challenge doing larger parts, and these coin entry plate brackets are usually rusted, bent or broken. Once I have repaired and straightened then, I plate them at the same time as I had to use a different sized bath ;

The Lock Down Bar acceptor is an absolute NIGHTMARE to plate. Platers will not touch these as they have moving parts. I managed to plate them myself, which I was VERY pleased with, but they are VERY hard to get right.

Chime Box was really easy, although fiddly !

Even the plate for the on/off switch is plated !

Old VS New Headbolts. Yes, even the washers are replated... The brackets for the headbox as well.

.. and a sneak peak of the door..

HEAPS more to come... $#$

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia