Author Topic: Gottlieb Free Fall High End Restoration  (Read 9154 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Gottlieb Free Fall High End Restoration
« on: December 10, 2021, 03:59:54 PM »
There are a few issues I will need to return to once Pinball Resource start shipping to Australia again. A couple coil stops in the score reels and the EOS on the Score reels plunger are broken off completely.

I'm collating a list, and I will find heaps more smaller items across both games, so I keep moving on...

Light Board needs a clean and a light stray of white just to freshen it up a bit..

Much Better..

.. and a test fit in the WRONG HEAD... Damn, I've labelled EVERYTHING, but I still managed to put the lighbox in the Sky Jump head.... Oh well, I'll swap it over later..

I did a LOT of plating inbetween one of the 567 lockdowns us Victorians have had, so both machines will have zinc plated parts than look "better than new". Within these parts, I did find NOS parts (from Dad's old route days), that were perfect, but needed to be replated in case I need them for either of these two Gottliebs.

The only part that I needed Nickel plated was the rear channel. The plater I used to use closed down for over a year, but I finally was able to retrieve these parts. I regrained the Glass Slide, and it came up really nice !

To replace the foam, I use the "target foam" used on various manufacturer's spot targets. Trim to size and install...

The playfield siderails. These are easy to do, but take time. I remove any guides, sand it down completely and then use Cabot's Carbothane Satin. Available at Bunnings. I use thin and even coats, waiting 4-6 hours between coats. 3-4 coats gives an amazing finish.

Before installing the side rails, I wax the playfield - much easier when there is no hardware.

Installed ;

I LOVE the playfield shine - Not glossy.. This clear is faithful to the original Varnish. The siderail and wooden guide look amazing with the shooter lane.

$#$ $#$

« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 04:31:46 PM by Strangeways »
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia